New Custom Order Suhr

ZL1Hawk

I ordered this guitar 6 months ago from Matt's Music in Weymouth, MA. and it arrived this past Tuesday. Matt and Jay did a wonderful job taking care of my order and they were really great to do business with. I've been reading this forum for a while but decided to sign up and share a few pics, this guitar has me blown away but Suhr usually has that effect on me. This is my second Suhr. The finish is hard to take pictures of but I hope you guys like them.

Suhr Modern Waterfall Burl Maple Trans Blue Denim Slate

Mahogany body and neck
Pau Ferro fretboard
Scraped binding
Reversed original headstock
24 stainless steel jumbo frets
Suhr locking tuners
Gotoh 510 bridge
1 volume, 1 tone, 5-way switch
Pickups SSH+ (b), SSV (n)
Tusq nut

Right on fellas thank you! :rock:

journeyman73":2uybh315 said:
man - congrats!

im eagerly awaiting my first custom Suhr, through Matt's also

From the day I placed my order to the guitar arriving it was nearly 6 months to the day which is an awesome delivery time for a custom order. The wait sucks but when yours arrives it's the best thing ever.

Lots of pics when it arrives please.

Beautiful guitar.The Lime Green Freeze ,that is. :LOL: :LOL:
Actually you're new one looks amazing, I just prefer that green finish. Can you make a tone comparison of the two?

November5th":39f7egvk said:
Beautiful guitar.The Lime Green Freeze ,that is. :LOL: :LOL:
Actually you're new one looks amazing, I just prefer that green finish. Can you make a tone comparison of the two?

Both guitars couldn't sound more different. They actually have the same pickups but the custom being a mahogany body and neck it sounds very dark and smooth. Where as the lime green freeze is alder with a maple neck so you tend to be more on the crunchy grainy side of tone. Both guitars are very punchy and expressive so finding a nice tone from either is simple and easy. The wiring is top notch so the fiddles are quiet except for what you are playing, no excessive noise, and since Suhr's have such great action on them it just comes down to what you prefer more. Alder or Mahogany.

I play them through a Bogner Twin Jet or my Splawn Nitro and each stands out sharply with their characteristics.

ZL1Hawk":2gk6oym7 said:
I ordered this guitar 6 months ago from Matt's Music in Weymouth, MA. and it arrived this past Tuesday. Matt and Jay did a wonderful job taking care of my order and they were really great to do business with. I've been reading this forum for a while but decided to sign up and share a few pics, this guitar has me blown away but Suhr usually has that effect on me. This is my second Suhr. The finish is hard to take pictures of but I hope you guys like them.

Suhr Modern Waterfall Burl Maple Trans Blue Denim Slate

Mahogany body and neck
Pau Ferro fretboard
Scraped binding
Reversed original headstock
24 stainless steel jumbo frets
Suhr locking tuners
Gotoh 510 bridge
1 volume, 1 tone, 5-way switch
Pickups SSH+ (b), SSV (n)
Tusq nut

Dang it, now there is drool al over my keyboard! NICE!!!

Back