Mini mix 2... Needs a volume pot.

psychodave

Has anyone thought about adding a volume pot to their mini mix 2? I've noticed a big jump in volume when using some pedals. I would love to add a simple output (or input) knob to help compensate.

Any thoughts? I wouldn't expect it to be very difficult.

The Mini Mix is unity gain but it will add signals together. Kind of hard to predict that though and you would only notice that if you were summing two dry signals, are you turning off the dry signal in the effect? How are you using it?. You could use any low impedance volume pedal on the output. You will be making your output impedance dependent on where the pot is set (not ideal if you drive long lengths of cable)
You wont find any room to do it internally

Suhr":1tgxqo3p said:
The Mini Mix is unity gain but it will add signals together. Kind of hard to predict that though and you would only notice that if you were summing two dry signals, are you turning off the dry signal in the effect? How are you using it?. You could use any low impedance volume pedal on the output. You will be making your output impedance dependent on where the pot is set (not ideal if you drive long lengths of cable)
You wont find any room to do it internally

I'm using it in the loop of a Cameron CCV with a simple insert loop. I notice all effects make the signal louder...but when I mute the dry, the signal is brought down to unity. My problem is when I switch the dry in and out, the volume jump is too much.

I opened the unit up and there seems to be enough room to add a small pot. I would really love to be able to adjust the "dry" signal sound with the pot to get unity gain between series and parallel settings.

Please not the volume increase happens with both line level and instrument level effects.

Back