Classic Pro/Antique

poeticprizm

Considering buying one of these..

I haven't played one, though, and none of the nearby dealers seem to have one in stock.

My main question is about the neck. I have smaller hands, and I don't like fat necks like a Les Paul Gibson, or a vintage Stratocaster type of neck.

I'm wondering how the neck profile of the Classic Pro/Antique compares to, say, the modern Pro (absolutely loved the feel of the Pro) in terms of "fatness".

Thanks!

They are way different. The Suhr modern gg profile is my favourite neck profile of all time. The classic antiques have more of fender vibe with a pretty even taper. If I ever buy a classic or standard I will have a modern elipital neck or d shape like on the Scott henderson signatures. All I all you will feel the size difference.

Thanks for the feedback, exactly what I was looking for..
I agree with you - the Modern Pro seriously felt like the most comfortable neck I've seen on any guitar.

Is the D neck profile very similar (in terms of feel) to the Elliptical on the Modern Pro?

In which case I might seriously consider the Scott Henderson model..

I've been very impressed with the quality and detail of Suhr.. both amps and guitars!
Maybe time to let go of my PRS (which is also great, just not the same level as Suhr)

Thanks!

Back