Suhr Bridge pickup with lower output than Doug Aldrich?

Rexxyboy

I have Doug Aldrich bridge pickups in both my guitars, for two years now. Love the vibe, but I want to experiment with lower output pickups with a similar tone that clean up better. I play rock, pop, blues, funk, and of course the gainiac 80’s rock lead tone wherever possible.

So, (to quote a Suhr post "The DA is an 10% overwound SSH+” ) , will 10% be enough, or perhaps the standard SSH which could be say 15% less? Or DSH, DSV? Is Not much description on the website for these pickups and how they differ tonally. Using Axe Fx with EVH, Friedman and Atomica amp models

Thanks in advance :rock:

The doug aldrich is a re worked ssh+. The ssh+ is what comes in most suhrs. If you want something less bright go with the d series pickups.

mniel8195":cd8bddhx said:
The doug aldrich is a re worked ssh+. The ssh+ is what comes in most suhrs. If you want something less bright go with the d series pickups.

I don't want something less bright, just a bit less output (not as hot)

Rexxyboy":yz7w2t3e said:
mniel8195":yz7w2t3e said:

I don't want something less bright, just a bit less output (not as hot)
I think the SSH+ would be perfect as well. IMO, the SSH+ has better dynamics than the Aldrich. It's less compressed and not as tightly focused as the Aldrich. An all-around great pickup!

Check out the Thornbucker man...they offer a Thornbucker+ now as well, supposedly with a little more hair. But based on what you're playing through, my vote goes for the TB.

I have a black SSH+ that I pulled out of my Modern when it was brand new. PM me if you're interested.

Back