WHAT RECTO IS THE BEST FOR METAL AND WHY?

newlyformedmind":y7zfokbz said:
JCDenton6":y7zfokbz said:
From experience the 2 ch rectos excel at this, especially the 2ch triples. No boost needed as well :rock:

What are C90's? And you don't use your Maxon with the 2 channel recto?

Thanks for that! I didn't know C90's were the Black Shadow speakers. I like the clean better on the C90's but the high gain I still love my V30's.
I just saw some black shaddows the other day and they were relabled EV12L's.

For just metal I'd get a 2 channel Triple or a new Multi Watt Triple.
I have a Roadster and it does metal great but it's a little warmer and smoother than the older triples.

I'm late to the game on this thread but in my experience the two channel rectos sound the best. I've recorded with multiple bands with multiple CDs using tons of different amps.

I'm in the middle of using a 2 channel recto for a project right now, I'll post it up when its done.

devil_666_metal":nkncovfj said:
dual rectifier... blended with a 6505 for recording....

My brother just gave me his 6505 (well, i gotta pay him for it) so I'll be playing with that too and the 2 channel mesa to see how they sound together!

HerbieBoogie":1pvq5b9c said:
newlyformedmind":1pvq5b9c said:
JCDenton6":1pvq5b9c said:
From experience the 2 ch rectos excel at this, especially the 2ch triples. No boost needed as well :rock:

What are C90's? And you don't use your Maxon with the 2 channel recto?

c90s are speakers used with some of mesa's products. here is a good demo to show this difference between v30s and c90s

Interesting vid.
The C90 positively for clean.
For crunch and high gain it's really more about what the player wants.
Both sound good, and each clearly has it's own distinct sound.
The C90 seems more "open" and covers a broader mid range.
The V30 is "darker", maybe a bit "tighter", which likely has more to do with it's more narrow focus of the mids.
So, great ice cream, do you like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc...?
Player preference.
For me, I like the C90 in that amp.

Distored":3mewt2l8 said:
A lot of twist and turns on this thread

if-m-night-shyamalan-directed-iron-man-3-would-fans-still-like-it-m-night-shyamalan-343932.jpg

Back