WHAT RECTO IS THE BEST FOR METAL AND WHY?

tonechasers

PLEASE Lets hear from owners and listeners of actual amps please
live and studio METAL METAL METAL ONLY. MODERN DEATH< DJENT<NU<HARDCORE<ETC...
2 channel and series
3 channel
3 channel multi watt
road king 1 or 2
roadster

I now like the new multi watt the best now easy hands down stops the shit out of any other. way more tight and way more aggressive, still like the boost with el34's. crank the mids up and holy shit, sounds sooo pissed off i'm scared of it lol. I think it said feed me or die....jmo

Yeah, A lot of guys havent played the new multiwatt reboot. I use to have mixed feelings about the rectifier series but with the new ones I'd have no quarrel with taking one on tour as my main head. Sounds 1,000,000 fucking times better.

lol funny stuff, as much as I love mine i'm selling it, multi watts are the best, but I still have many heads I have not played

JCDenton6":ital6j9t said:
From experience the 2 ch rectos excel at this, especially the 2ch triples. No boost needed as well :rock:

+1
I was lucky enough to find an OLD original 2 channel chrome face recto that just absolutely dominates the metal sound
I mean, it's just unfair to other amps :LOL: :LOL:

The clean channel is meh but you don't buy this amp for the clean channel.

The newer rectos are a sad copy of this piece of heaven. WORD

Just play baby :rock:
- The Weav

ah funny way to get a post lol. just sold my multi watt. It was a pleasure, tight punchy, recto sound, more bright. great amp.

I must say, I have not owned a multi-watt yet, but I have played through them extensively...
And my 93 Revision F Dual just murders it in tone. It has this warm, crunchiness that compliments the brutality in a perfect way. That said, the multi-watts are way better than the 3 channels that came before them.

a lot of people dont agree with me when i say this but here it goes anyways. Of all the mesa amps i have ever used i found that if i used the mesa roadking 2 (chan 3 with 2 el34, tube rectification, bold) boosted it gave a very aggressive yet balanced tone. i know the whole djent thing is all about ultra tight bass so this may not be what you are looking for, however the tone i got from this was not overly fat. it was balanced and very pleasing. that is what i have to say about rectos.

I've owned a Roadster and the Multi-Watt Dual Rec, I prefer the Roadster. More versatile due to the 4 channel setup and channels 3-4 were just great. However, I also had a Bogner Uber Twin Jet that I ran side by side with the Roadster and the Bogner made the Mesa sound like it had a blanket over the cab. But if you're into the gain sounds of a Mesa, go Roadster. If you want something a little more Metal, try the Mk V - that amp is great! But you gotta dial it in a little more time involved. Try both side by side.

tonechasers":2wt72swa said:
somebody close this fucked thread lol. After owning all kinds of recs I now realize Cobra kills.

That's hard to argue with. I'd have to say I think the Mark IV and Mark V are better for metal. But the Framus is killer

newlyformedmind":2lk63z14 said:
JCDenton6":2lk63z14 said:
From experience the 2 ch rectos excel at this, especially the 2ch triples. No boost needed as well :rock:

What are C90's? And you don't use your Maxon with the 2 channel recto?

c90s are speakers used with some of mesa's products. here is a good demo to show this difference between v30s and c90s

JCDenton6":3n1btza3 said:

What are C90's? And you don't use your Maxon with the 2 channel recto?

Thanks for that! I didn't know C90's were the Black Shadow speakers. I like the clean better on the C90's but the high gain I still love my V30's.

tonechasers":3jbjwe26 said:
somebody close this fucked thread lol. After owning all kinds of recs I now realize Cobra kills.
i much prefer my dragon over a rec or even cobra. a GOOD cobra is tough to beat imo but so is a good dragon.

I sold the Cobra though, and kept the dragon in the end.

Back