Rocktron xpression?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sebby123
  • Start date Start date
I never notice the blue light. Do you stare at your amp while you play! LOL!

What do you think of the modulation effects? I have been using it for a little over a few weeks. I am thinking of buying a Nova Modulation for my pedal board to run up front because I am afraid I won't be able to get the phaser and flanger tones I need from the Xpression in the loop. I use an Egnater Mod 50 amp head.

The Xpression works well with the midi-mate. I have this but also thought about getting the Lexicon G2 with their floor board.

Anyone have tips, etc? I LOVE how easy it is to use. I fear that maybe the Lexicon MPG2 would sound better and have more distinct modulations effects but would be a nightmare to program and use live if I needed to make changes on the fly.

Has anyone found it worth it to run in stereo when using one guitar cabinet? With stereo the effects sound a bit better at home but in a band situation, I doubt I could hear the difference through one 212 cab. Plus, I'd have to run 16 ohms and I think amps/speakers sound better at 4 or 8 ohms.
 
Oblivion DC":m4r92cr2 said:
sebby123":m4r92cr2 said:
any one got one pros and cons?

That blinking blue light will drive you nuts.


This. Bought one brand new from GC back in 2010 (? maybe 2011). Returned it 2 days later, because of that insane blue light. Reminded me of a form of Chinese water torture.

From what I remember, the effects were pretty good, standard Rocktron quality. I didn't dive into it much, because that blue light, omg, that ridiculously bright, blinking blue light drove me to the edge of my sanity.
 

Similar threads

metalmaniac93
Replies
71
Views
2K
CrystalSky
CrystalSky
G
Replies
25
Views
1K
Drade76
Drade76
L
Replies
31
Views
2K
anomaly
anomaly
Simon Dorn
Replies
94
Views
2K
Music&Chaos
Music&Chaos
Back
Top