Hanging carpet on a door

prsplayer86

I'm carpeting my studio and I've gotten to putting carpet on my door. I don't own the building or I'd just screw it in to the door. So I'm curious if anyone has ever successfully "hung" carpet on a door??

I do have a Idea on how to "clamp the carpet and then hang it over the door its self. My idea revolves around two flat surfaces with nails pointed towards each other to bite through the carpet/rug. The flat surfaces would be attached to two flat upside down shaped pieces that would go over the top of the door. This j pieces would be thin enough to fit under the door jam. This would use the carpets own weight to hold it in place and I bypass glue/velcro/ screws/ nailing into a door.

Has anyone come across something like this ?

I realize this is an old thread but carpet is about the worst thing you could use for acoustic treatment. Please say you didn't carpet over a concrete floor!

I have a carpet hanging on the door, I hung it there a long time ago. I just nailed the corners to the corners of the door and that's it. I recently had a problem, I have a little daughter and she loves mucus very much. Once she accidentally bumped into the door on which the carpet is cheerful with toy slime in her hands. It looked very pretentious, I didn't know how to remove it. The wife tried all the methods, but she also failed. On the Internet, I found the answer to how to remove slime from carpet . I read this information and with ease with my wife was able to remove this slime. Therefore, if you have children, I advise you not to hang a carpet on the door, even for your studio, I think you might regret it.

Back