Good bit more gain on tap. I realize adding
Gain is going to alter the voicing some
But is it possible to get a considerable
amount more of gain without altering the
Tone very much?

Thanks for your time.....

METAL MANIAC":36du36jx said:
Have you done any Mods on a YJM?

I want to keep the tone close but add a Good bit more gain on tap. I realize adding Gain is going to alter the voicing some But is it possible to get a considerable amount more of gain without altering the Tone very much?

Thanks for your time.....

Hello and thanks for posting Metal Maniac. Let me preface this by saying that in it's skeletal form this amp is very much a Plexi / Super Lead, which is to say it has two (2) gain stages. Everyone loves the sound of a plexi but for most a plexi does not have the gain or sustain. IE: it leaves you fighting for every note, which is Yngwie puts a boost pedal in front of the amp.

To answer your question, 'Yes' we can add more gain for you and we have done it many times for players over the years. There are many ways to go about it but what we first must do is determine how much more gain you are looking for. Usually this is best done through a phone call but let me give you some food for thought first so you can do make some notes before you call.

let's determine how much gain is enough for what you are looking for.

On a Scale from 1 to 10 - For the sake of gauging this in some way let’s look at your amp’s gain when it’s max’ed up and say that is a number one (1). On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being where your gain is presently max'ed out at) how much more gain do you want to add? IE: 2, 3, 4...? Also make a list of 4-6 players that have the tone and amount of gain you are looking for. Make sure they have common threads tonally. This helps me to understand the kind of gain you like as well as the over all frequencies your ear likes to hear.

Jot down your answers and then feel free to call Mon-Fr between 9am-5pm EST / NY time at 607-256-0465. I hope this finds you doing well and I look forward to talking with you!

Have a toneful day!
Trace

METAL MANIAC":1ri73tag said:
Thanks for the thoughtful. I will take your
Advice and think on it a day or two. What is
The best time to call you?

Morning tends to be best for me, between 9am-11:30am. I am of course available after that but as central and west coast time kicks in the call volume increases. If you happen to call when I am on the phone please leave your name and number and I will call you back at my earliest convenience.

Many thanks! :)
Trace

Back