Any mods for Peavey 6534+?

creepingdeath22

Hey Trace!

I've heard many wonderful things from modded Peavey 6505+ owners and this spurred me on to ask you a question. I was very much considering picking up a Peavey 6534+ head soon and would, one day, like to have it modified. As far as I know, the only differences between this amp and the 6505+ are the EL34 output tubes and an added noise reduction circuit which I believe is for the lead channel. Hypothetically speaking, would you be able to modify one if someone sent one in?

Keep up the phenomenal work!

Good morning & thanks for posting :) I spoke with Trace a few moments ago and he said the following; "In my honest opinion having tried the 6505 / 5150 Series with EL34's I honestly do not think it's a circuit that works well with EL34's. I say this being a huge fan of EL34's but the Mods I designed for these amps they really do sound better with 6L6's. I haven't seen one of the 65364+'s so I'm not if they are in fact the same, what the quality of the pcb's are but if he would like to send it in I can take a look at it & see if it's something we can Mod."

If you have any questions please feel free to call the shop at 607-256-0465.

Thanks and have a good morning!
Cindy - Voodoo Amps

creepingdeath22":23i0n28u said:
Hey Trace!

I've heard many wonderful things from modded Peavey 6505+ owners and this spurred me on to ask you a question. I was very much considering picking up a Peavey 6534+ head soon and would, one day, like to have it modified. As far as I know, the only differences between this amp and the 6505+ are the EL34 output tubes and an added noise reduction circuit which I believe is for the lead channel. Hypothetically speaking, would you be able to modify one if someone sent one in?

Keep up the phenomenal work!

Back