Wheres a couple good places to oder a fine Friedman amp from

Adambomb

Was trying to find a couple good places to order a Friedman Amp from. One thats got good inventory (more than one) and a shop thats got good return policy?

Looking at maybe pulling the big trigger on a BE100.

Thanks,
Adam

GC boston has a pink taco, a small box 50 and a killer sounding BE 100, ask for Glen O tem him Jim Harper sent you, 30 day return policy, I played this one and it was awesome

Musicians Friend. 45 day return policy and they have a 15% off deal for anything over 350.00 you won't find a better deal unless you buy used.

Fretburner":3dqnml9q said:
Musicians Friend. 45 day return policy and they have a 15% off deal for anything over 350.00

This is exactly what I was thinking after contacting several dealers that are around the heartland area (KY, IL, MO, TN).
But there is no 15% off on boutique stuff man. Unless Friedman amps lets them and I doubt it. Most all higher-end companies have that set-pricing.

But anyway I thought about getting the Brown Eye 100 from Tone Merchants (almost factory direct). Called there last night as talked to this really cool guy that answered the phone called Dave. I'm like...."Dave?.... Dave Friedman?" He's like "Yea man!" lol. For 1.8 seconds I felt like a teen Beaver fan lol. I've actually met Dave once at the 09' NAMM show when I did demo's for WGS Speakers. Well after a little bit I asked him if there is any way I could get one that he built himself... lol, he and said that I would rather have one built buy his crew since they are probably better and neater than him these days.

I'm in KY and Musicians Friend is just in Missouri so the amp would have less check points and be here within a day or two. The Private Reserve department there only has two guys running it and they said will play amp and send a video, pics, whatever. So I'm thinking I'm going that route Monday.

Adambomb":gmcm2wez said:
Fretburner":gmcm2wez said:
Musicians Friend. 45 day return policy and they have a 15% off deal for anything over 350.00

This is exactly what I was thinking after contacting several dealers that are around the heartland area (KY, IL, MO, TN).
But there is no 15% off on boutique stuff man. Unless Friedman amps lets them and I doubt it. Most all higher-end companies have that set-pricing.

But anyway I thought about getting the Brown Eye 100 from Tone Merchants (almost factory direct). Called there last night as talked to this really cool guy that answered the phone called Dave. I'm like...."Dave?.... Dave Friedman?" He's like "Yea man!" lol. For 1.8 seconds I felt like a teen Beaver fan lol. I've actually met Dave once at the 09' NAMM show when I did demo's for WGS Speakers. Well after a little bit I asked him if there is any way I could get one that he built himself... lol, he and said that I would rather have one built buy his crew since they are probably better and neater than him these days.

I'm in KY and Musicians Friend is just in Missouri so the amp would have less check points and be here within a day or two. The Private Reserve department there only has two guys running it and they said will play amp and send a video, pics, whatever. So I'm thinking I'm going that route Monday.

I have the same other 2 amps you have...the Quickrod and the Shiva 20th. Let me tell you that since getting my Friedman Smallbox, youre making the right decision! It really is an awesome amp. Pure tone, no quirks, and a real joy to play.

Call Tone Merchants, speak to Dave, order from him...couldnt be simpler than that!

I did call Tone Merchants and talked to Dave. Called Matts Music and all thats listed above even before I posted this thread. I'll just say I bought one and it'll be here tomorrow. Got 45 day return policy and great service, and more (great service is a HUGE understatement). Super pumped! Thanks for you guys replies and suggestions.

Standbye for NAD Friedman Brown Eye thread! :rock: :LOL: :LOL:

flimz":1sf69kok said:
Adambomb":1sf69kok said:
Fretburner":1sf69kok said:

I have the same other 2 amps you have...the Quickrod and the Shiva 20th. Let me tell you that since getting my Friedman Smallbox, youre making the right decision! It really is an awesome amp. Pure tone, no quirks, and a real joy to play.

Adam where did you end up buying your BE100? I can't believe MF would not give you the 15% off. Maybe they gave it to me cause I purchased the cab too.

Fretburner":1utu1gwk said:
Adam where did you end up buying your BE100? I can't believe MF would not give you the 15% off. Maybe they gave it to me cause I purchased the cab too.

No, I did get it from MF Private Reserve. Well, I don't like discussing deals on an open thread. I'll say I didn't get the gift card credit most get cause MF isn't supposed to discount Friedman, just like Mesa, Bogner and most the boutique type amps. But turns out the guy in the Private Reserve room was using one of the WGS Alnico speakers I helped design and make when I worked for them so he made some magic happen and turned the standard "store credit" deal into 15% off into no gift card or credit but maybe big face Benjamins, and all that's between me and him.

Anyway I love this amp and it's the only amp I've ever bought that I haven't atleast found one thing that was a little disappointing like tone or build quality... Its just the most transparent overdrive and that gain knob is amazing with different styles. Cleans are really nice too and match up well when switching from clean to OD.

I'll be uploading a pics and video soon.

Back