The br00taly great Friedman be100 - and my problem...

matnroll

Hello everybody...I'm new here...and so am I new to the Friedman "clan". :)

So yesterdey a bought this amazing and I quickly did a reamp for a song I was mixing (It's an Ola Englund song).
It was very easy to dial in and it sounded great right off the bat.
So here is the clip for maybe some friedman eargasms :) :

...and here is my problem. Right after the recording, i was jamming a little on the clean channel... and i was hearing all the timme very silent the BE and HBE channels.
When I turned the volume all the way down on the clean channel, I could still hear the signal from the BE and HBE.
I'm also not a tehnician or anything like that, so i recorded the video of my problem... is it maybe a valve or is there a bigger problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6eapvxrqtp3nvb/MOV00811.AVI?dl=0

Tnx for checking out the videos! :)

That clip sounds great. How was the amp set?

Sorry to hear about the issue. Friedman should take care of you.

Hey!
Tnx for the reply!
I have it at a service center...should be only the preamp tubes the guy said...we'll c!

The settigns were all around 12 o'clock ... trable more on the 2 o'clock ... i don't recall rly. The c45 and voice were also ON.
It's also reampet throught the mesa recto 4x12, whic also adds a lot to the tone!

There is the link to the sessions and DI if anyone want to try it... and post it here if so we can compare the tones with the same DIs! :LOL: :LOL:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/929252/Godamn2.rar

matnroll":8v842w4d said:
Hello everybody...I'm new here...and so am I new to the Friedman "clan". :)

So yesterdey a bought this amazing and I quickly did a reamp for a song I was mixing (It's an Ola Englund song).
It was very easy to dial in and it sounded great right off the bat.
So here is the clip for maybe some friedman eargasms :) :

...and here is my problem. Right after the recording, i was jamming a little on the clean channel... and i was hearing all the timme very silent the BE and HBE channels.
When I turned the volume all the way down on the clean channel, I could still hear the signal from the BE and HBE.
I'm also not a tehnician or anything like that, so i recorded the video of my problem... is it maybe a valve or is there a bigger problem?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6eapvxrqtp3nvb/MOV00811.AVI?dl=0

Tnx for checking out the videos! :)
My Clean channel do that too but only when is way down too at whisper volumes. I think its Normal

I got a post from Dave and he said that this is very odd... so my amp is being serviced now by a local repair guy... we'll see.

Even though I lean towards more classic hard rock and metal settings I was really impressed with how the BE-100 was pretty much good to go with all the EQ knobs at noon and Master and Gain to taste. Very cool, hot rodded amp. If it was about $2500 I would have financed one by now (not a knock on the price, just my economic reality). :LOL: :LOL:

mxr2000: i got the amp back..it was a preamp tube... i had a lot of distortion on the clean chanel... but now it's ok. It's just a very quiet clean singlan and thats ok (Friedman said). (Y)

matnroll":2et2hkpw said:
mxr2000: i got the amp back..it was a preamp tube... i had a lot of distortion on the clean chanel... but now it's ok. It's just a very quiet clean singlan and thats ok (Friedman said). (Y)

Good to hear you got the issue solved ... 99 out of 100 issues it's always the tube. They are by far the weakest link in any amp.

Back