Finally I'm ready for the 2016 update

mxr2000

I'm very excited. For the last few months, I 've been saving some money with the idea and hoping David accepts my amp and upgrade to 2016 Specs and add some of his magic mods. Who else is excited about doing this?

I really love the work Dave did to my 2015 BE100,
*Gain Structure
*Synergy Mustard Caps
*SS100 Clean-Conversion
Along with an already amazing amp they were a great addition.

A couple months ago, I sent in a late 2013 BE100 for gain structure switch and caps. I should be getting it back pretty soon. I'm wondering if I should get a set of the new tubes Dave is using now for back up?

Also have my Smallbox in for a SAT switch and I think they're recapping it too? I forgot

MantraSky":3if5jcwn said:
I really love the work Dave did to my 2015 BE100,
*Gain Structure
*Synergy Mustard Caps
*SS100 Clean-Conversion
Along with an already amazing amp they were a great addition.

You most be feeling like a kid with a new Toy. :m17:

Umyeahyeahyeah":3if5jcwn said:
A couple months ago, I sent in a late 2013 BE100 for gain structure switch and caps. I should be getting it back pretty soon. I'm wondering if I should get a set of the new tubes Dave is using now for back up?

Also have my Smallbox in for a SAT switch and I think they're recapping it too? I forgot

Now thats a good reason for a Huge Smile. :D

mxr2000, Dave is great to work with. The amp on its own is awesome but with the options he offered I couldn't pass it up and it sounds even better than I hoped!

MantraSky":3jskqp1x said:
mxr2000, Dave is great to work with. The amp on its own is awesome but with the options he offered I couldn't pass it up and it sounds even better than I hoped!
Hey That's Cool! :cheers:

Its going to be a long wait, I've been trying to send my BE-100 to Dave since June 1, I have another month to go before he can take it, the wait is killing me :(

Be careful, sending it in every year to pick up each consecutive year's changes that will roll out, will have you into a $10K+ amp in no time. You have to cry 'uncle' and be satisfied at some point.

Absolutely love my early '14 and too afraid to change/lose what it sounds like now. I guess it's vintage now.

I believe the last Big update for the BE-100 was in 2013. David keep developing further his products, with very useful mods and updates. Now that's Cool!!! :rock:

Shortly after I got mine, they changed the board, tubes, and impedance selector location. Again, I truly love my BE and couldn't be happier with it. But if you plan to keep up with the changes, you might want to open a UPS or FEDEX account and have an amp to use when it's back at the shop...

Back