S Switch on BE50

Dave;

what exactly is the S Switch doing in the amp. I get that it's 3 different levels of gain, but at the next more granular level of description, what is it doing...and which setting, down, middle or up would be the equivalent of the older BE100's that do not have the S Switch?

Thanks!

BLUESSYNDICATE":2a6430m9 said:
Dave;

what exactly is the S Switch doing in the amp. I get that it's 3 different levels of gain, but at the next more granular level of description, what is it doing...and which setting, down, middle or up would be the equivalent of the older BE100's that do not have the S Switch?

Thanks!
It’s really a gain cut switch so the highest setting would equal one without the switch.

The last picture I saw of a BE110 with the S switch, it was switching the V1B resistor cap combo. So 1 position was the standard BE 2.7k with .68 cap, the next was 4.7k no cap and last was standard Marshall 2203, 10K no cap....

RACKSYSTEMS":3qeyxzf3 said:
What he said but slightly different values.

I've heard people guess two different scenarios....regarding which S Position is the default BE position.. down, middle or up?

Some people guess position 1 is down, others think middle.

So hearing which is the default BE position, as down middle or up will be most helpful..thanks!

Back