Amp Switcher

Equ1nox

Looking for recommendation on an amp switcher to switch between my heads and one cabinet.

I thought maybe Dave recommended it in the past and used something when he displays his stuff, like at NAMM, but couldn't find anything in a quick search or remember what was recommended.

Please advise.

Thanks Dave! Anyone have any experience with the ToneBone BoneHead VT??

http://www.tonebone.com/headbone.php

I don't even need it to switch the loop as both heads will be for playing with no FX and all amp, so can just put the FX in the amp(s) seperately.

If the ToneBone is good, I'll just get it, but if I wanted something more for the studio, I'd get the Ampete 444. Love them German's and their engineering!

Using an Ampete 444 here.
Does exactly what it's supposed to and sounds transparent.
Highly recommended :thumbsup:

The ampete 221 looks awesome. I’ve been looking for something that could also switch the FX loop.

If using an attenuator, I assume that you would just connect its input to the “cabinet” output spot on the switcher? The attenuator obviously then connected to the common cabinet.

I ordered the Bone Head should be here Tuesday. Looking forwrd to demoing it! I can post my feedback if anyone is interested.

fusedbrain":jhewe0v3 said:
Hell yeah, still loving my 444 ;) Ironically I seem to never play my other heads... Butterslax rules them all. :LOL: :LOL:

Equ1nox":1q1251rl said:
Thanks Dave! Anyone have any experience with the ToneBone BoneHead VT??

http://www.tonebone.com/headbone.php

I don't even need it to switch the loop as both heads will be for playing with no FX and all amp, so can just put the FX in the amp(s) seperately.

If the ToneBone is good, I'll just get it, but if I wanted something more for the studio, I'd get the Ampete 444. Love them German's and their engineering!

I was not a fan of the Headbone VT. Was cumbersome to hook up and changed the tone of both amps. I could definitely hear it for the worse.

errrrrl":13o036n3 said:
fusedbrain":13o036n3 said:
Hell yeah, still loving my 444 ;) Ironically I seem to never play my other heads... Butterslax rules them all. :LOL: :LOL:
I really need one of the 444's for my studio when doing demo vids. I only go into my Torpedo Studio though, no cabs which is fine. This will work for that. Will be nice to have a singular effect loop for all the amps.

Back