Which Friedman boost vs. OD808?

I have a Maxon OD808, Boss Waza Blues Drive and a Friedman Buxom Boost on my board and they all work great with my Friedman Small Box for various tones. That said, I have been using the Buxom Boost most of the time these days.

I`ve got both the Buxom and OD808 and use them as boosts into my Splawns . While I prefer the the extra tone shaping from the BB the OD808 holds its own with minimal tone shaping features. The BB is probably a little more transparent but I find that the OD808 vs say a TS9 or TS808 is fairly transparent for a TS type boost . The BB seems to be noisier that the OD808 . I`ll definietly be hanging on to both

hammered":3al9cuv9 said:
I`ve got both the Buxom and OD808 and use them as boosts into my Splawns . While I prefer the the extra tone shaping from the BB the OD808 holds its own with minimal tone shaping features. The BB is probably a little more transparent but I find that the OD808 vs say a TS9 or TS808 is fairly transparent for a TS type boost . The BB seems to be noisier that the OD808 . I`ll definietly be hanging on to both
Interesting...noisier, huh? Are you using it with similar gain settings?

garey77":1wav9a5q said:
hammered":1wav9a5q said:
Interesting...noisier, huh? Are you using it with similar gain settings?

The gain settings are close but it`s not noisey enough to annoy me or get rid it

Back