Question Explanation / setup of Dave's NAMM2018 W/D/W rig

MOBELEC3271

I would love to know in depth the exact configuration of the W/D/W rig used to show all the friedman amps on the namm 2018 booth...
I see to ampete 88S amp switchers to swith 16 heads into multiple cabinets

I suppose dave takes a line out of the ampete switchers but what's next ?

Because the SDE 3000 are mono.. So one SDE 3000 for each side

But is dave going into a mixer first for the wet signaal and splitting for both SDE3000 ?

Which unit ?

What are the exact settings on botht SDE 3000 ? phase inverted ?, modulation on ? feedback ? ms ?

What power amp is he using for the wet ? and what cabinets for the wet sound ?

Love to see an exact rig down for that....Sounds indeed glorious and not overwhelming at all on the delay side of things.....

Ampete speaker line to a custom built lineout box. slit cable to both ins of the Sde units out to a matrix gt1000 power amp. That's it.. ms on the SDE's were 1 at 500ms and other at 250ms. 3 repeats or so mix might have been around 30 or maybe less, a bit louder on the short side.. no mixer needed with sde cabs, they have a analog dry path. There is dry in the wet cabs

Thanks for the quick info.

SDE3000 still reigns the delay world....
Trying to copy this with the boss DD500 and it close to my old SDE3000...

Yupp SDE3000 and my old ADA TFX delay units..hard to beat

Is there any reason to carry the input in the high clipping zone?
Better sound ...like pcm42 trick ?

Killer setup with the SDEs and pretty much what I have in my home studio, but a bit more complicated with he H3000, SPX90 and PCM91 (sometimes also use the DL8kr PCM42 presets).

My Matrix GT800FX is on the other side of the studio where the cabs are to power the wets for WDW.

Dave - how do you find the memory on the SDEs? I find mine drift in time a little and I constantly need to press the preset button to take it back to where I have it usually set 250/500ms. I've tried replacing the internal batteries and it didn't really help.

2JvrFY3h.jpg

Hey Dave, is the Custom line out box after the Ampete something that is a must have? One of the things I’ve thought about in switching from the SS4 to the Ampete is that I like having a level control for the line outs if I am using a mix of wattages....so a 100 watt heads line out level control would be turned down compared to a 40watt.

I wasn’t sure how that worked with the Ampete with there not being a level control on the line out.

Dave, is that something that you would elaborate on or is it a mod that you do and it would need to go to you or Bruce?

I know each amp out has an ISO transformer, would it help to upgrade to Jensen’s? Would love to hear more, I am finally at a point where I don’t want to make big changes but get it to where everything I have sounds it’s best.

Thanks!

I upgrade the ISO transformers ( not Jensen though) also change the buffer a bit. Makes the front end very transparent.

Back