Dual BE-OD: release date?

Bucksears

Saw a pic from a NAMM show attendee at the Friedman booth, and the dual BE-OD was there.
Any ETA on a release date? No rush, just curious how this one differs and I’m looking forward to some demos.

Thanks

I think Dave mentioned earlier in the year that it may be released in August? Really hoping as I am buying one of these as soon as they are available!!! It is exactly the pedal I need for my board.

Yeah I never heard August. Dave said Sept in my interview about the DP-OD and the other new pedals. Late fall works so now I can tell Mrs Evil what to buy for my birthday!

I really want to check out all 3! DP, Wah and Golden Pearl.

Got it... and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. It’s replacing my BE-OD and Dirty Shirley. Internal trim pot for both channels. It actually sounds slightly more tamed than the BE-OD, which I like a lot.

mwr33m.jpg

Bobbyz110":3pk7qq9r said:
Got it... and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. It’s replacing my BE-OD and Dirty Shirley. Internal trim pot for both channels. It actually sounds slightly more tamed than the BE-OD, which I like a lot.

mwr33m.jpg

Damn that's hot.
What does it do better that the Dirty Shirley doesn't? The DS also seemed like it had more gain than it needed.

Bucksears":imj6b4at said:
Bobbyz110":imj6b4at said:

Damn that's hot.
What does it do better that the Dirty Shirley doesn't? The DS also seemed like it had more gain than it needed.

I use the Dirty Shirley for crunch, the BE-OD for high-gain, and the EP Booster for a solo boost for either pedal. Other than the scooped sound of the BE-OD, I felt they had a similar sound, and it just sounded like I was building gain stages as I swapped from the DS to the BE. The BE-OD Deluxe gives me that set-up, without the scooped sound (which was my only knock on the pedal), and opens up one more loop on the MS-3 to grab an analog delay, or other boutique pedal I want to add back.

I recently swapped from 15 years with a board full of boutique pedals (trem, phase, overdrive, distortion, tuner, wah, reverb, envelope filter, delay, chorus/flange). I have a board 1/3 of the size now with the MS-3, and it's way easier on my back when hauling it around. Does it sound as great? Nah... but no one notices but me...

It’s not tamed. The top channel is exactly the same. Turn the mids off and it’s the same exact sound as the old one.

RACKSYSTEMS":i4oi4f2r said:
It’s not tamed. The top channel is exactly the same. Turn the mids off and it’s the same exact sound as the old one.

I bought my BE-OD used, so maybe there is an issue with the pedal. The BE-OD was very noisy (as it has always been since purchase) and was just extremely responsive to the slightest touch. The Deluxe is dead silent... even with the gain turned up on the top channel, I’m getting no feedback, hum, or anything.

J-Rocks":lwkvlycj said:
Got my BE-OD Deluxe a yesterday this pedal kicks out some killer crunch tones!

Yup....I agree! Got mine last week and finally tried it into the return of my amp and it sounds amazing! Love having the two channels now!

:rock:

Back