Brian Ray Pedal Boards by Rack Systems

RACKSYSTEMS

Here is a couple of boards I did for Paul McCartney guitarist Brian Ray. First up is his main pedal board and the second is a small travel board . The chain of the big board is Foxrox Octron-eq-Guitar systems Fuzz tool-Yeti fuzz-wah-Custom Buff Puff Boost-tuner-Martini chorus-El Capistan delay- Glab reverb and then the Line 6 M9 out stereo.

Stand outs. -- Foxrox octron just the best. Also the Guitar Systems Fuzz Tool was a very cool fuzz. Really I have to say everything on the board was very cool so I guess everything is a stand out.

IM000257.jpg

IM000258.jpg

So here is the Travel Board. Chain is Eh hum debugger-Fulltone Oactafuzz-Suhr Riot-Boss Tuner-Tortuga Martini chorus-Line 6 Echopark delay and out to amp of choice.
IM000404.jpg

That is nice work. I do not see Tortura pedals on many pedalboards. Own a GLabs DR-3 and it is a standout. The GLabs DR-3 seems to take care of the room-hall reverb needs. Been thinking of finding a good plate reverb pedal or rack unit.

Dave,

Great work as always...a few questions:

What do you use as the board material? Seems like it is relatively easy to work with, sturdy, yet not too heavy.

What benefits, if any, of having the tuner in the middle of the signal chain?

And, your thoughts on the Hum Debugger as opposed to a MXR Noise gate.

Thanks

Hum debugger is best for pickup noise but it has some artifacts I hate. The boards is laminated birch ply with edging. Tuner after od's means that when muted it cuts out the hiss. Hope this helps.

Back