Does the BE 100 have new updates?

eddiespaghetty

Hi,

there are a couple of Be 100 arriving in Europe in a couple of weeks. Can anyone give me information, whether Mr. Friedman updated the BE 100 or is it still the same how it is shown on his webpage?

If yes, what did he change (and since when)? If no, is he planning to do some updates in the near future?

I decided to buy a BE 100, but I am not sure, whether I should make a reservation now or should wait for the next contingent.

Could somebody give me an information or advise? Your guys are closer to the the heartbeat, and I can't get any information from the dealer here.

Thank you and best wishes!

hsm

Hi,
thank you for your fast answer.
I guess, full clean means, with the whole eq-section (bass, middle, treble) instead of the toggle-switch.

"all the options" - are there more options than on the first BE model?

hsm

Please look at the website. Friedmanamplification.com. No more updates will be done. The website has been updated with current pictures.

The specs are updated and 1 picture under the product is updated. More picture updates are coming. Working on it.

Thank you very much!

The picture shows one input - so Be and HBE are footswitchable, I guess (the specs still tell two inputs).

If possible, one very last question: Which month did the production of the "new" BE start? The dealer here in Germany expects a shipment whithin the nest weeks, and I wonder, whether it would be the new model.

Thanks again, I'll go for that amp!

hsm

So about the new "Full Clean": from the pic on the site, it looks like it has a Volume Control, Bass and Treble, but no mid knob. Is this correct?

Well, the specs on the updated website say so - "Clean Volume, Clean Bass, Clean Treble controls".

But the specs still say, that there are two inputs (BE and HBE), but the picture shows one input. So BE and HBE are probably footswitchable on the new one?

Is it possible to switch from clean to overdrive by footswitch as well?

hsm

eddiespaghetty":1k5hgt4o said:
Well, the specs on the updated website say so - "Clean Volume, Clean Bass, Clean Treble controls".

But the specs still say, that there are two inputs (BE and HBE), but the picture shows one input. So BE and HBE are probably footswitchable on the new one?

Is it possible to switch from clean to overdrive by footswitch as well?

hsm

BE/HBE are foot switchable as is the Simple Clean channel.

The new third switch is a manual switch for switching between BE/HBE when the FTSW is not plugged in.

Thanks for your answer.

You mentioned the Simple Clean channel is footswitchable - the "new" Full Clean channel probably as well?

Cheers

hsm

There seems to be a few discrepancies on the web site. Not the least of which is the price...the overview says $3500, while the "specs" says $3699. Also, as was mentioned, the pictures and the input section says BE and HBE, two inputs. Finally, the overview section states there are 4 EL34 power tubes and 4 preamp tubes, while the specs section say 5 preamps tubes.

Don't get me wrong, I have been watching/wanting a BE100 for over a year. It is getting close to time, I think, ha. Dave obviously does great work and he is great to deal with, yet the web site obviously needs some editing :D

Much confusion might be avoided with a few edits to the site :thumbsup:

We are doing the updates. Hang on. We are right in the middle of it. The amp is switchable clean to dirty and BE to HBE. The clean is Vol,bass, treble. Mid is set internally. The clean is a cross between a vox and a fender. All amps shipping now are this spec.

Hi Dave , Hi everyone,

Futur French BE-100 owner, here is my questions, have you an idea of when the BE-100 will be ship to Europe ? At least just an estimation would be cool.

About technical question, is it 5 or 4 preamp tube ? Still confusing on the website. I suppose 5 and the next one is for full clean controle pot ?
I can't read on the new picture on the website what is write on the little switch in front of the amp, let me know if i'm wrong but I suppose VH switch // Clean 3 position switch // BE HBE switch.

There is no more 50 watt switch on the back of the amp ?
Is still point to point wired ? (I know this one is a silly question)

I'm so impatient to be part of this sort of closed circle, and touch the legendary Friedman brown eye with my own hand, waiting this for a while.

Best regards

RACKSYSTEMS":1n3g2j0n said:
We are doing the updates. Hang on. We are right in the middle of it. The amp is switchable clean to dirty and BE to HBE. The clean is Vol,bass, treble. Mid is set internally. The clean is a cross between a vox and a fender. All amps shipping now are this spec.

Excellent! I look forward to getting mine!

rlord1974":2eztfmjo said:
Vinz":2eztfmjo said:
I'm so impatient to.....touch the legendary Friedman brown eye with my own hand

Yikes. You might not want to say that out loud in the locker room...... :scared:

:LOL: :LOL:

You know I m so French...... :D

It s means my english is so bad.... :LOL: :LOL: that s maybe explain a lot :rock:

Back