Bias rating of the EL34 tubes in your Friedman BE 100?

What does this number mean? I just got a Smallbox, mine are 45. Can I buy another set of "45" ARS' tubes and just pop them in without rebiasing?

Wonder why my tubes are over 10ma off from each other?

Tubes_zps8d241d8d.jpg

39 and 60....no good. still need some clips with various mu rated tunes of same manufacturer n hear how it sounds

Before you say no good you would have to measure them. Sometimes after burning in they aren't matched. We then rematch them ourselves so those 2 numbers if checked could be matched properly.

"We then rematch them ourselves so those 2 numbers if checked could be matched properly." Cool, thanks for the clarification Dave. I meant that is there were both burnt in or initally measured at "39" an "60", they are enumerated based on mu (gain) rates, so would be different just to clarify.

They came from ars with those numbers. They didn't match after burning in so we just match the current up ourselves. Meaning after burn one tube was out or failed grabbed other singles we have left till we find a match.

Mine are 51 and I also ordered a spare quad set from ARS at the same rating. I'm also running my head with just 2 tubes @ 50 watts in the center position. SOUNDS KILLER!!!! :thumbsup:

Strange, my ARS tubes are NOT marked on top and my BE came in the original box, shipped from GC. Those tubes burned out after 6 weeks anyway.

Back