BE-100 EFX Loop "Return" Level...

eddyrox

new owner here..been fukkking with this INCREDIBLE piece of gear for about 2 weeks now and getting to know her really well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes:

I had Dave move the EFX level "RETURN" control to the front panel (ala :Cantrell head).
HOWEVER, now that I've been playing the BE100 getting to know the amp, I'm realizing that IF you set the EFX level return to about 2 or 2:30 (o'clock), and adjust the clean and gain channel (Master) volumes, you can pretty much "set and forget" the EFX level RETURN level

(BTW, yes Rob, I'm thinkin' the owners manual says the same :doh: :D but I'm setting the RETURN NOT the front panel Master :yes: )

So at what level do you Friedman amp owners run your EFX level return? (totally curious about this)

BTW, I'm running a TC Corona, Strymon El Cap and Flint, and TC looper in the EFX loop, and all of the experimentation was in an attempt to try to get the EFX loop "on" and "off" to be unity. :rock:

Thanks!
m.

I did what the manual says. Set the master to 5 and use the return as the master volume. Having the return on the front is a great idea.

i was havin' a "bit" of a time establishing a unity volume level between channels...plus I always had a hard time "following directions" :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

I set the return to about 3 o'clock and leave it alone. I use the masters in the front (clean, be, and HBE I had installed) to adjust the overall volume.

VegasMD":3cmg5sa0 said:
I set the return to about 3 o'clock and leave it alone. I use the masters in the front (clean, be, and HBE I had installed) to adjust the overall volume.
awesome! thanks Vegas doc! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with what you doing, in fact I have been thinking about removing the effect return. It will be a lot easier for people to understand.

RACKSYSTEMS":10val86e said:
Nothing wrong with what you doing, in fact I have been thinking about removing the effect return. It will be a lot easier for people to understand.

Please keep the return level control Dave. :)

last night's gig...sound guy comes to me, "dude, your band is tooo loud, owner's pissed"....
so I reach for the EFX Loop Return...dial it DOWN to 9 o'clock (is that at 2? :LOL: :LOL: ), bring UP the BE Master until I'm at a "band" unity level...

...again, I'm doing it this way get the amp cooking (PLEXI tone in spades) without sounding neutered... and we continue....

I LOVE the BE-100's functionality.

So...I've found uses for having the EFX Looop Return level - especially on the front panel :rock: :rock: :rock:

YMMV!
m.

So, does the BE100 return knob essentially work the same as the Mesa Recto's "output" knob with the loop engaged?

Keep the Return Level Dave, but it can be confusing, just re-label it. Have clean volume, dirty volume, everyone understands that, but keep FX loop on always n call the return level "Master" or even clarify things more, i would probably just title it "Global Volume" or "Global Master"

my $0.02

There is no real good reason to keep it, to be honest it would solve some problems eliminating it. There is no tonal reason to keep it . We will see probably not going to change it,people like the amp as is.

I've got the new BE50 and have an analog delay and digital reverb, which I usually run out front because my other amps are line level.

I've not experimented yet with the loop and I'm kind of confused. Do I have to set the Return volume and Channel volumes to a certain point in order for my pedals to come through clearly? Or do I just plug in the pedals into the loop and play once I've engaged the loop switch?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is any difference at all between the front of the amp MV and the loop return? When I got mine, the manual said to set the front MV on 6 and then use the loop return to set level. So that's what I've always done - it's nice because with the loop return set low the MV in front of the amp comes on much slower so you can easily adjust it to make it just a bit louder or quieter. The tone is unbelievable - which is why I've been reluctant to change anything, but it would be nice to know if there's no difference since then I could ignore the loop return, use the MV in front, and attenuate with the OX box as needed.

cnunlist

Back