Dirty Shirley input switcher question?

Does anyone use some gizmo to footswitch from normal to hi input on their DS? Can it be done? Does it just need an ABY box or is it more complicated than that?

I've tried this with an MXR aby box with my dirty shirley head, and although it does switch inputs there is a slight volume & gain loss from the amp with cables plugged into both inputs at once when compared to using 1 input / 1 cable as normal.
Does your pedal do this Dave ?

So Dave I'm sorry I don't understand. Are you saying that your foot switch changes between inputs and does not or does compromise the original tone of the amp? Cheers.

Try here...
http://tonemerchants.com/

Contact Us

Before you contact us for a general inquiry, please check our FAQ Section and make sure your question hasn’t already been answered in any of the posted topics.

Tone Merchants & Rack Systems LTD.

5419 Cleon Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91601

Phone: (818) 505-0391

Store Hours
Monday - Friday, 11am - 6pm PST
Saturday - By Appointment Only
Closed Wednesday, Sunday & all major holidays.
Closed every Sunday and on all major holidays/during store related events.
Closed Christmas thru New Years.

Email

Tone Merchants: info@tonemerchants.com
Rack Systems LTD: racksystems@yahoo.com
Technical Support: tech@tonemerchants.com

Glad I searched this! Looks like I will need one of these switches...

Sorry for Threadsurrection Monday!

I have mint one i will sell. I had dave make me one and it works perfectly with the shirley. I just dont need it anymore cause i bought a smallbox and dont have the dirty shirley anymore.

And you can still run drive pedals up front with the switcher? Like if I want to run the BE-OD on the Low input?

Back