hey dave-

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
we have some questions about the mastadon cab on the main board.....and i'm to dumb to figure out how your running it....are all the speakers 8 ohms or 16 ohms? are the pairs running in stereo seperately and if so how can you run two cabs? the only thing i am sure is i'm retarded. thank you...

Dave,

I'm thinking of adding one to go with my SS100, my BE100 , PhilX and J100 !!!

Obviously they are all the BE100 headshell !

Will the Butterslax be available in a BE100 size headshell? If not what size is it???

Thanks!

dealmaker":249lfvoy said:
Dave,

I'm thinking of adding one to go with my SS100, my BE100 , PhilX and J100 !!!

Obviously they are all the BE100 headshell !

Will the Butterslax be available in a BE100 size headshell? If not what size is it???

Thanks!

At first I thought it was a 50W amp, but it's 100W... so probably it's the standard 100W size headshell like BE, SS, JJ.

The Friedman cab the butterslax was sitting on at NAMM is oversized though, maybe around 36"W x 36H?, instead of the standard 30"x 30" cab

What are the specs on the oversized cab? and availability, pricing.
24543105782_81c84bcfa5_b.jpg

RACKSYSTEMS":1h113eib said:
No its as bit smaller headshell. No wont do it in a larger one.

Dave - was there a reason it went into a slightly smaller headshell?? Just to differentiate it? Or was it just the "look" Bill was looking for??

Personally I like the big Headshell's (like a Bogner 20th XTC) - feels like you are getting more for you money!

The small head might screw up my whole aesthetic!

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,228
The cab is 2 Celestion 15" speakers with 2 g12 30 aniversary speakers. Price to be determined. The head shell is just for a compleatly different look for the amp.

I have had this cab a few months now. I would encourage ANYONE to try it. It adds so much meat and girth to your tone. I am putting a bunch of different amps though it now - and I love the way it gives me a new sound form each one. You NEED one of these in the cab arsenal!

Back