Recommended Power Tubes

Erock4455

I know they used to be ARS, but then valve queen. Do you still recommend power tubes fro valve queen? Mine have 41 written on top. Blew a few fuses guessing this is where I should start out. Thanks guys.

Just buy a matched set of TAD EL34BSTR. That's the current, and best sounding power tube for a Friedman.

RedPlated":3k9twpg0 said:
Just buy a matched set of TAD EL34BSTR. That's the current, and best sounding power tube for a Friedman.

Thanks man, picked up a set yesterday. So if mine are rated at 41 on the top of the stock tubes and the incoming ones are rated at 40, do I need to rebias?

Erock4455":2wy9xvur said:
RedPlated":2wy9xvur said:

Thanks man, picked up a set yesterday. So if mine are rated at 41 on the top of the stock tubes and the incoming ones are rated at 40, do I need to rebias?
I would always recheck bias. :thumbsup: Optimally you want to know current draw for each of the new tubes and bias off of your hottest tube. I also match the two pairs as the OT sees them as two pairs.

Back