Question about recording/hooking up to a PA with my BE-100

Ozone

In my band we all use in ear monitors hooked up to a mixer. We are trying to do silent practices as to not have the cops called on us or piss off neighbors.
I know do do this I will need a loadbox with an out to the mixer board. In my research I have come to 2 solutions fryette power station or the two notes torpedo live.

Out of these 2 which would be the best for my needs? I plan on using either one at gigs as well but using it as out to the pa and I would be using my 4 x 12 as well.

As of right now I am using a red box di as of right now and turning to volume down considerably at practice, but to me it seems a crime to run my Friedman through the redbox di.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Looking at the two options you are listing, the Torpedo Live acts as both a load and speaker emulation using IR technology, whereas the Fryette Power Station is only a load (however with a built in power amp).

With the Fryette PS you'd still need some kind of speaker emulation, be it a Redbox, Palmer PDI device or a more sophisticated device like the Torpedo CAB or Suhr ACE, ADA GCS or the new Neunaber device.

If you don't need the power amp of the Fryette unit you could go shopping for a reactive load to pair with your speaker emulator of choice. The first unit to come to mind is the Suhr reactive load, but there are a few others as well.

As I said, with the Torpedo Live you get reactive load and speaker emulation in one box. Convenient but maybe not the best solution for you - only you can decide that. :)

Good luck!

Back