Is the Runt 50 for me?

imalrightjack

Short version of events: I want a 2-channel amp with series fx loop and would dearly like an Egnater Renegade 65 but they're not made anymore and are horribly unreliable (so won't touch one second-hand). I thought the Fender Super Sonic 22 would be a good alternative but, much as they sound great, they have a reputation for unreliability and the one I just got came with faults. Meh. Both of these are very close to what I want. I want clean that I can use as it is - and overdrive into a light break-up. I also want a heavier channel that I can push further, into fat saturated leads.

Any thoughts? Mesa Mark V:25 was definitely not for me. Way too much faff dialling it in.

Thanks!

imalrightjack":2q3zozwm said:
Short version of events: I want a 2-channel amp with series fx loop and would dearly like an Egnater Renegade 65 but they're not made anymore and are horribly unreliable (so won't touch one second-hand). I thought the Fender Super Sonic 22 would be a good alternative but, much as they sound great, they have a reputation for unreliability and the one I just got came with faults. Meh. Both of these are very close to what I want. I want clean that I can use as it is - and overdrive into a light break-up. I also want a heavier channel that I can push further, into fat saturated leads.

Any thoughts? Mesa Mark V:25 was definitely not for me. Way too much faff dialling it in.

Thanks!
The Runt sounds like a good match for you. As for the light break up on the clean, you'll probably be better off with adding an OD pedal to it.

Owning Friedmans has made me much more into a guitar volume knob twirler. They're soo responsive. For light gain I've been getting away with just using the guitar's volume knob and sometimes having a boost in front to get into violin gain territory. I think you're going dig the amp. Great cleans too!

Back