HBE channel issue

cameron711

Hi all! I am proud owner of a 2 input BE-100 that apparently had a foot switchable 2nd master volume added. I bought off of rig-talk and I love it.

Here's my problem, when plugged in the be input, I have no issues, sounds great.

when I plug in the HBE input, there is no gain, almost like playing a clean channel...initially it would intermittently happen, now it's constant. I've tried a few different reliable guitar cables, but to no avail.

I took the chassis out and the jack doesn't appear to be loose. a pic is included tho I'm not sure if this is useful.

anyone else have this problem? any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 1,044
thanks, noob when it comes to some of these things...what exactly is a contact cleaner? if preamp tube, which one would you think given the clean and BE are acting normally.

thanks!

p12517Z.jpg

They sell this at Walmarts in the WD-40 automotive section.

Spray on a 1/4 inch plug and work in & out of the jack. Dont spray directly into the jack

HBE is V-1 on my modded KS JMP so im guessing its the same for the BE-100.

That would be the preamp tube farthest to the left looking at the amp from the rear.

If its not a dirty jack or a tube you got something else going on.

Thanks! Of course I just plug it in now and all is well...ill go out and by that cleaner anyway...seems like v1 is tied to the clean and hbe channel so I assume since the clean channel works fine that just needs the contact cleaner, thanks!

I'll second what Dave said. I was just going to say, if cleaning doesn't work, the JACK could be jacked and need replacement.

Back