Smallbox mod question "Dave, please check this"

MrFlexx

I have the Smallbox Head and I'm totally in love with the channel 1 of it. I like the channel 2 as well but not nearly as much as the channel 1. What I like to know is if there a way of getting the character of channel 1 at channel 2 as well? I think the channel 1 has more body to the sound and sounds fuller, but I want to be able to cream out more gain and still maintain the character of it.

Is there any mod that can be done by my tech to achieve this? Maybe a switch to add more gain to channel 1? If not, a mod for making the channel 2 to sound like channel 1 with added gain?

popcorn.gif

Honestly I have seen the circuit, it would be easier to use a boost pedal on Ch 1 than change out most of ch2 to sound like ch1 with more gain. It could be done and its only a handful of caps and resistors but for resale you may want to just look at a good boost pedal..

You could tune the first gain stage differently, but it would be trial and error to get what you want. As previous poster has said a boost pedal is easier.

You are bypassing the first gain stage with channel 1. You could get the saturation mod done. You would loss a bit of volume be get more gain and retain the characteristics of channel 1

Back