BE100 line out for WEt-Dry-Wet

Docster

Can I run the line out of my BE100 straight into a G Major2, then into a Matrix GT800fx, then into separate 212's? The speaker out will drive a dry cab.

If this will work, will it sound good? I've seen that others use a line mixer but am not sure if it is needed for the setup I am proposing.

It will work but if you plan to have dry in your wet cabs it's better with a mixer because of latency and phasing of the dry path in the major.

RACKSYSTEMS":8m2zf2s8 said:
It will work but if you plan to have dry in your wet cabs it's better with a mixer because of latency and phasing of the dry path in the major.

I pulled the trigger on a RJM Line Mixer. Can I go direct from the line out to the RJM line mixer, or do I need the RJM Tone Saver in between?

Thanks!

I deviated slightly from my plan and got rid of the RJM in favor of a Mark L Dual Line Stereo Mixer and nixed the G Major 2 for a Lexicon MPX-1. On the Lexicon MPX-1 there is a 2 position input level for the balanced inputs - first position adds 12dB of gain (unbalanced) and the other provides 0dB of gain (balanced). What position should I default to when connecting to the Line Out of the BE100? :confused:

On the back of the MPX-1 or the BE100? The MPX-1 only has a two position switch - either 0dB or +12dB.

Thank you for clarifying - my MPX-1 is worn on the rear panel, thought it said 0dB. Everything makes sense now! :doh:

Back