NAD Sourmash/Friedman Smallbox Mini Stack

Not exactly a NAD as I already had the Smallbox, I just rehoused it.

So, I have a Friedman Dirty Shirley and I love the look, sound and size of it and the matching 1x12 cab. I also have a Smallbox head and I recently had the crazy idea of dropping it in a smaller head cab and getting a matching 1x12 cab so I'd basically have a set of Friedman twins.

Bob at Sourmash did an awesome job on the head cab and at a great price. I got in touch with Boutique Amp Distribution and custom ordered an unloaded Dirty Shirley extension cab with Smallbox combo cosmetics. Here it is along with its sibling:

35051496465_4327b94689_c.jpg

35051497625_52f59f6df7_c.jpg

Very nicely done, and what an a/b rig. I actually REALLY love the Dirty Shirley run Fender style (master pegged and "gain" for volume) as a clean rig running in the low input.

Just a beautiful, meaty clean. With your setup, and an a/b, you'd have 3 channels of awesome.

bdm":1jircv67 said:
I love it. Mind if I ask what the Sourmash head shell ran you?
It was $200, it's basically his 1987 plexi style head shell with custom dimensions. I was nervous that it wouldn't turn out since he was just building it off of my measurements of the SB chassis and my DS head shell but Bob nailed it.

He built me a headshell for a Hiwatt type chassis. I've had several custom headshells built and this one is as good as any of the better ones I've had.

Not a good pic but...

Nice minis!
Love me some Friedman stack action. Here's my stack, the king of the Friedman line.

Attachments

• IMG_7988.JPG
    IMG_7988.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 1,539
Wow!!!
That's beautiful, man!!

I guess Dave could use your idea and produce a 1x12" cabinet to match the Smallbox with this cosmetics.

marshall2553":2x1wzkim said:

So, I have a Friedman Dirty Shirley and I love the look, sound and size of it and the matching 1x12 cab. I also have a Smallbox head and I recently had the crazy idea of dropping it in a smaller head cab and getting a matching 1x12 cab so I'd basically have a set of Friedman twins.

Bob at Sourmash did an awesome job on the head cab and at a great price. I got in touch with Boutique Amp Distribution and custom ordered an unloaded Dirty Shirley extension cab with Smallbox combo cosmetics. Here it is along with its sibling:

:yes: I would get one of those rigs in a heartbeat.

bdm":2hhuoznn said:
marshall2553":2hhuoznn said:

:yes: I would get one of those rigs in a heartbeat.

A smaller Smallbox and matching cab is coming soon from Friedman. Stand by

Back