BE100 tones

Jon BCN

Im curious, which famous tones can the BE100 2016 nail?

I heard some small hints of a RATM tone (jcm800) on some videos, but im not entirely sure.

Sounds about as close as I've ever heard, at least very EVH inspiring. If you want to really want to nail EVH I guess you'd need eddy's original amp, cab, guitar, variac, and fingers, haha!

I've build a clone of the BE, and to me it feel's and sounds like a 68 plexi SLP with a modern touch, and gain. You can get anything from classic rock to metal.

My BE100 (2016) modified w/Gain-structure & negative feedback adjusted, Synergy Caps gets a really close EVH tone to lynch, Sykes, Schaker, Blackmore, Gary Moore, Beck, SRV if their tones are desired.

\../

MantraSky":drrw1656 said:
My BE100 (2016) modified w/Gain-structure & negative feedback adjusted, Synergy Caps gets a really close EVH tone to lynch, Sykes, Schaker, Blackmore, Gary Moore, Beck, SRV if their tones are desired.

\../

Yeah... ditto on all that...

Add the decent clean channel and it's ridiculous dynamics (especially when using your guitars volume) and it will do whatever you want it to do really.

Atrox your so right! I had the Clean Channel converted from BE100 to SS100 which made a big difference, as I also play styles like Larry Carlton & Pat Metheny, I really love the amp for studio sessions but "live" is just killer!

MantraSky":2mdi2nb6 said:
Atrox your so right! I had the Clean Channel converted from BE100 to SS100 which made a big difference, as I also play styles like Larry Carlton & Pat Metheny, I really love the amp for studio sessions but "live" is just killer!
Like i did too plus a Voltage Switch!!! Hello there MantraSky, you still using the stock preamp tubes or are you using something different in the BE100!!

mxr2000":3i72mj8v said:
MantraSky":3i72mj8v said:
Like i did too plus a Voltage Switch!!! Hello there MantraSky, you still using the stock preamp tubes or are you using something different in the BE100!!

Hello mxr2000,

Actually "Yes!" I bought my BE100 in the early part of 2016 but the amp was built in 2015, so it didn't have the "Gain-Structure" switch then. After reading the additional advantages also speaking with Dave, he suggested the options which made sense along with the Synergy Capacitors & Negative Feedback adjustment. I also had the Clean Channel converted to SS100 which I love!I have a full set of TAD-EL34 / Tung-Sol & Ruby Tubes as a suggestion from Dave (recommended Valve Queen). But I'm using the "Original" tubes that came with the amp, it sounds so good! (JJ's etc.) I can't Imagine it sounding better but I'm sure Dave listens to all the variations.

The BE100 has been going strong after all this time in studio sessions and live playing, sounds great.
k8nur3mh.jpg

Hey guys with the SS clean mod! Does it add a mid control? And where would the control reside? Or is it just the circuit with just bass and treble?

tj tapper":1pmi7zdl said:
Hey guys with the SS clean mod! Does it add a mid control? And where would the control reside? Or is it just the circuit with just bass and treble?
Bass and Treble. No Mid control. on mine!! Love it!!

Jon BCN":312s3bhl said:
Im curious, which famous tones can the BE100 2016 nail?

I heard some small hints of a RATM tone (jcm800) on some videos, but im not entirely sure.
BE100 can do VH 1 to VH 1984 tones, Dokken,Ratt, it can cover a lot of late 70's and 80's classic tones,

Back