BE FXL MV vs Channel Volume

TX6Strings

So I was messing around with my 2014 BE100 yesterday and disengaged the FX loop. WOW! I forgot how much the FXL MV chokes the amp. So in an effort to recreate that tone I re-engaging the FX loop, cranked the master and lowered the channel volume. I got pretty close but it effected the way the loop behaves.

Up till now I've been running my BE the way the manual suggests with the channel volume at noon and the MV about 3 o'clock (or 1/4 of the way up). I'm preferring the amp set up like this a lot more. I'm just having to re-set up my delays and chorus.

Anyone else experience this?

Maybe i misunderstood the manual.or the post. I thought the manual.suggest when using the loop run the loop volume at 8 ( 3/4) and adjust MV.(front pannel) and maybe tweek a bit for unity gain. Engaging and Disengaging the loop until unity gain is established. Your saying the manual suggest 1/4 volume on the loop knob is what the manual reads? Oddly enough not sure i understand how one runs the loop volume at 1/4 without it choking the amp.. im not that educated on it , there are several threads on this forum about this where superman( i like to call him that)lol himself has chimed in and helped. The loop is known for zero tone loss. I dig it

Manual says to keep master on front at around 5 or 6 and use the return on the back as your master volume.

Dave said it's suggested, but not mandatory on here somewhere. The loop is so transparent, it doesn't really make a difference which one you use for unity.

I personally keep the return on the back at 75% and use the master on the front for volume. It's a matter of convenience since i can't tell much of a difference, if any with either method.

I don't have a BE but if the loop is set up similarly to alot of others, the channel masters probably affect your SEND level. So that's why your effects behave differently.

Sometimes I wonder if would be easier/better to just do away with the typical global master volume and put the Return Level on the front panel and just label it MASTER VOLUME. But not knowing the details of the BE loop, maybe that wouldn't work there (for example, it can't easily be switched out when done like this, loop is ALWAYS on). Once I did it that way in a couple of homebrew channel switchers, I wouldn't do it any other way.

Back