Am I crazy offering this trade?

krueger":309o5u7l said:
I would keep your Friedman. If you get rid of it....you will regret it

Its my XTC I offered to trade unless you were talking to the one selling the SB50 which I assume you were since you PM'd me with your trade offer.

Brent, that's a 101b your thinking of trading for the SB, if you were to sell it you can buy a "New" SB.
I own a 100b which is a great amp but I seriously love my BE100, so I know you love Bogner as well.
Tough to choose but the SB has a killer "voice", you need to do some serious thinking.

MantraSky":2gs0mt0q said:
Brent, that's a 101b your thinking of trading for the SB, if you were to sell it you can buy a "New" SB.
I own a 100b which is a great amp but I seriously love my BE100, so I know you love Bogner as well.
Tough to choose but the SB has a killer "voice", you need to do some serious thinking.

I have the BE100, Dirty Shirley 40, Dirty Shirley mini, Bogner helios 100 and XTC 101b. Love the XTC as most know but I rarely play it. Mostly play the friedman's and Helios.

BrentSP":19s17d3o said:
MantraSky":19s17d3o said:

I have the BE100, Dirty Shirley 40, Dirty Shirley mini, Bogner helios 100 and XTC 101b. Love the XTC as most know but I rarely play it. Mostly play the friedman's and Helios.

I know what you mean, I also own a XTC 101b, 100b, Classic and Shiva. CAA PT100, a few SLO's, VHT Pittbull Classic, A number of modified Marshall's (Arrendondo, Jackson, Cameron, Fortin) and a vintage '68 Plexi. I do understand regarding the 101b, my 100b "Smokes It" but I really like my BE100 the most, when I do sessions I can just take that alone (unless pressed for time, I'll use AxEfx or Kemper, I.R. etc.)

MantraSky":23j8nngx said:
BrentSP":23j8nngx said:
MantraSky":23j8nngx said:

I know what you mean, I also own a XTC 101b, 100b, Classic and Shiva. CAA PT100, a few SLO's, VHT Pittbull Classic, A number of modified Marshall's (Arrendondo, Jackson, Cameron, Fortin) and a vintage '68 Plexi. I do understand regarding the 101b, my 100b "Smokes It" but I really like my BE100 the most, when I do sessions I can just take that alone (unless pressed for time, I'll use AxEfx or Kemper, I.R. etc.)

If I had the preamp layout or schematic of the 100B I'd mod my 101B accordingly. I played one also and it does sound remarkable. It seems no one knows the difference between the two. I have pics of a 100A but I can't make out what's going on. It's a different board from the 101. The classic sounds nothing like the 100b as you know but yet people claim it's a very similar circuit.

Brent, You are right about the 100b & Classic! When I got the Classic I wanted to keep the 100b in a road case and use it for recording only, then use the Classic for gigging because the 100b has extremely low production build and was owned by a Fame guitarist (very cool) who's with Carvin. The Classic compared to the 101b was, "Stiff and cold" whereas the 101b has a lot more Compression where notes "bloom". The 100b sounds killer, a bit raw and the Efx-Loop is not as good as my BE100, I prefer the BE because it has the voice that i like especially after Dave modified it. The BE100 still retains more Vintage meets modern with an awesome Clean Channel, "Amazing".

Back