Dirty Shirley 40 w/DS112 & P90's = PISSED!!!

JerEvil

Wanted to hear the amp through the matching cab so went to GC today and for the heck of it, grabbed a P90 loaded Yamaha, down-tuned to C standard and had at it!

Ventura":7i3bt0ny said:
Not at all what I was expecting.... :yes: :thumbsup:

Grinding and heavy!! Nice demo.
Thanks man. Was "impromptu" for sure. When I first played the DS about 6 months ago, I was floored at how much gain was on tap. I had heard some Kemper profiles of one and they were all pretty low gain by my standard. I don't know if it was the addition of the S switch or just how the profiles were made but this amp absolutely can get gnarly in the best possible way. I NEED the matching cab for sure.

JerEvil":2vcmx2g1 said:
Ventura":2vcmx2g1 said:

Thanks man. Was "impromptu" for sure. When I first played the DS about 6 months ago, I was floored at how much gain was on tap. I had heard some Kemper profiles of one and they were all pretty low gain by my standard. I don't know if it was the addition of the S switch or just how the profiles were made but this amp absolutely can get gnarly in the best possible way. I NEED the matching cab for sure.
I'll have to take a look what's inside the "matching cab" but my recent JJ purchase has me wondering just how much other good stuff is in the Friedman camp's inventory. I'm looking at the Butterslax, but I'm also into open, non-compressed, hit-ya-in-the-chest mid punch crunchy goodness!! And this lil' clip seems to deliver this in spades!!

Impromptu or not - awesome little clippage!!

Ventura":1mofllj5 said:
JerEvil":1mofllj5 said:
Ventura":1mofllj5 said:

I'll have to take a look what's inside the "matching cab" but my recent JJ purchase has me wondering just how much other good stuff is in the Friedman camp's inventory. I'm looking at the Butterslax, but I'm also into open, non-compressed, hit-ya-in-the-chest mid punch crunchy goodness!! And this lil' clip seems to deliver this in spades!!

Impromptu or not - awesome little clippage!!
Yeah Friedman is gonna be a bad hobby for me! Too many amps I want! Need to check out the Bucom, Phil and JJ for sure.

I love that Dave sticks to the BE formula and doesn't stray too far away. The DS is a tweaked BE circuit that allows more bass to pass through the gain stages with the gain dialed back just a little with the highs filtered out a bit more compared to the standard BE. So yeah, it can get aggressive :D

Its a gorgeous sounding, versatile, 1 channel amp. Truly one of my favorite amps to play.

BrentSP":3ew6hzif said:
I love that Dave sticks to the BE formula and doesn't stray too far away. The DS is a tweaked BE circuit that allows more bass to pass through the gain stages with the gain dialed back just a little with the highs filtered out a bit more compared to the standard BE. So yeah, it can get aggressive :D

Its a gorgeous sounding, versatile, 1 channel amp. Truly one of my favorite amps to play.
No kidding? I didn't know they shared that much DNA. Truth be told I'm not super hip to the ins and outs of the amp voicings. I just know I have yet to hear or play a Friedman that didn't knock my socks off.

JerEvil":2jezg362 said:
BrentSP":2jezg362 said:

No kidding? I didn't know they shared that much DNA. Truth be told I'm not super hip to the ins and outs of the amp voicings. I just know I have yet to hear or play a Friedman that didn't knock my socks off.

If you like the DS then most likely you'll like all his amps (other than the Buxom Betty) they're all variations of the Brown Eye circuit.

BrentSP":3e9sa9hw said:
JerEvil":3e9sa9hw said:
BrentSP":3e9sa9hw said:

If you like the DS then most likely you'll like all his amps (other than the Buxom Betty) they're all variations of the Brown Eye circuit.
Yeah but the Betty has that pedal platform thing down...

Hey, JerEvil!
Great video! Great playing and tone as well!

There's a lot of Friedman in this room!! :D
Is it at Vegas store?

I hope I can find the 3 mini heads to try at Orlando or Winter Park.

Del Rei":3vqhccos said:
Hey, JerEvil!
Great video! Great playing and tone as well!

There's a lot of Friedman in this room!! :D
Is it at Vegas store?

I hope I can find the 3 mini heads to try at Orlando or Winter Park.
Yeah this is the Platinum Room at the Las Vegas store. They are usually pretty stocked with everything but SB' and BE's. Multiple Runt's both 20 and 50, Both DS Mini and DS40 as well as PT-20's and all manner of Friedman cabs...

It's pretty awesome!

BrentSP":3uy4wm2r said:

Actually the Dirty Shirley has nothing to do with the BE at all... totally different circuit.. it would be like saying a jcm800 is the same as a BE..

RACKSYSTEMS":3qxv9wyy said:
BrentSP":3qxv9wyy said:

Actually the Dirty Shirley has nothing to do with the BE at all... totally different circuit.. it would be like saying a jcm800 is the same as a BE..
Good to know! Thanks Dave! I need to grab a BE-OD to try with my Shirley.

RACKSYSTEMS":omnhe4d7 said:
BrentSP":omnhe4d7 said:

Mmmmm ok ;)

RACKSYSTEMS":28nikb46 said:
I'm liking the sounds of this... :D

Here's my contribution of the DS doing pissed. I don't normally run it this way but it can hang for sure.

BrentSP":i885hxyc said:
Here's my contribution of the DS doing pissed. I don't normally run it this way but it can hang for sure.

Sounds great man! Getting ready to do a whole bunch of stoney good Fuzz demos with my DS. My buddy Paul at PLX FX is sending me a box of pedals to check out.

BrentSP":3s3psi6i said:

Hey, man.... that's great!!! At first the drive was only from the DS, right?

Back