BE50 Deluxe

BrentSP

This was officially announced in the latest ToneTalk episode. Here are some further details.

Available mid October @ $3499 (price could change) sold exclusively by sweetwater until the end of the year then available by all dealers.

- Buxom Betty Clean channel with mid control
- BE and HBE channels have their own Gain and Master making it a true 3 channel amp with shared EQ on the gain channels.
- Fat switch
- Structure switch (located on the back)
- Thump control (depth/resonance)
- Response control (variable negative control)
- Low/High power switch which most likely is a triode/pentode switch which changes the configuration of how the EL34s are ran from pent to tri lowers the volume.
- standby located on the front and on/off power switch located on the back to free up front real estate.

Looks pretty impressive and will probably do really well. Sweetwater's 48 month financing ends when this amp come available. They may need to rethink that and extend the promotional financing

BE50 Deluxe

nYMyXuw.jpg

ydqP6nC.jpg

Specs
• Buxom Betty Clean
• BE and HBE channels with their own Gain/Master
• Revoiced HBE channel (bigger/more vicious)
• Fat and Structure switch
• Thump control (resonance)
• Response control (variable negative feedback)
- softer/spongier down low
- bolder/punchier/brighter up high
• 1/2 power switch

A FAT switch, but no SAT switch? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I rarely hear of folks using the FAT switch, but the SAT switch seems to get liberally used.

NewWorldMan":350xhng3 said:
A FAT switch, but no SAT switch? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I rarely hear of folks using the FAT switch, but the SAT switch seems to get liberally used.

FAT option is actually pretty useful and used mainly by the low to medium Gain rockers. It puts your in the same genre as the Dirty Shirley for fullness. With that said, SAT is probably used more by the majority than FAT.

NewWorldMan":2xtnasal said:
Are more people using the Sat switch though to get older versions of the amps to sound more like the current 2017 stuff? I would assume with the revoked BE/HBE channels it may not be necessary. Forgive my naivety on this though...

JerEvil":28jgka6i said:
Are more people using the Sat switch though to get older versions of the amps to sound more like the current 2017 stuff? I would assume with the revoked BE/HBE channels it may not be necessary. Forgive my naivety on this though...

I certainly don't profess to speak for the masses, haha, but it never had anything to do with old vs new for me personally (tried/owned every version since around 2013). It wasn't even so much the gain as it was the attack and feel I preferred with the SAT switch on. I just asked the question as it seemed like folks got more mileage out of it than the FAT switch that I never touched, being a loud hard rock/metal player that uses humbuckers.

I tried the SAT switch once on my BE-100... Once... Sounded fine, but not really necessary since the amp has more than enough gain without it and not worth the volume cut.

Fat switch rules with a Strat or Tele.

Man that looks cool, I wish he did it in a smaller headshell and had a ftsw-able effect loop, for many of us this is how we boost our solo's, sure there are ways around it but its a PIA. I also dont know why he would not just include ALL the BE100 switches, they are all useful

Two questions: When will the BE 50 Deluxe be available in Europe? Early 2018? How big is the headshell compared to the BE 100 or the smallbox?

Wow, this looks like a really cool amp. I love my BE100. This sounds like everything I'd ever want if I were designing an "upgrade". I never use the SAT switch. Fat often. Negative feedback control??? BB clean??? Sheesh.

Dave, how much would it cost to upgrade a 2015 BE-100 with these mods with the exception of the clean channel. I like the BE clean the way it is.

Clean is the only thing I'd change on my BE-100

I played an "early" BE that had "clean" with out EQ adjustments... The clean was MAGIC!

My later BE with EQ is good but not "magic".

50 Watts? Half power? Buxom Clean...Dear Dave - JUST TAKE MY MONEY! :rock:

Back