SLAX IN DA HIZZY!!!!!

Ventura

Arrived!!!! Dead mint - no damage - box is perfect - tubes, transformers, etc. all good on first inspection.

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: Butterslax has landed. :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Stay tuned :yes: :D

I'm laughing my ass off, because I know you are giddy like a little school girl over there.
And you already have a JJ, so you are just spending money to SPEND MONEY.

But who cares what anybody else thinks, right? Plug that sucker in, crank it up, and chug some low-E until shit falls off the walls! :LOL: :LOL:

The only thing I am interested in is this: does it live up to your grand expectations? And which one do you like BETTER!
JJ100 vs the infamous SLAX!
Which one will be the new champion of chuggery! The king of krunch! The invincible warrior of wankery!

:jedi: :jedi: :powpow: :checkthisout: :boxer:

oldmtlhed":kvy4nmeb said:
I'm laughing my ass off, because I know you are giddy like a little school girl over there.
And you already have a JJ, so you are just spending money to SPEND MONEY.

But who cares what anybody else thinks, right? Plug that sucker in, crank it up, and chug some low-E until shit falls off the walls! :LOL: :LOL:

The only thing I am interested in is this: does it live up to your grand expectations? And which one do you like BETTER!
JJ100 vs the infamous SLAX!
Which one will be the new champion of chuggery! The king of krunch! The invincible warrior of wankery!

:jedi: :jedi: :powpow: :checkthisout: :boxer:

Well that's extremely easy. The Butterslax.

As many cats here know, I'm not all about the brootz... A lot of this has to do with touch sensitivity and feel.

Testing commenced. They're different animals - but I need to spend more time with the Slax.

The comparo will come down the pipe when I've got real data to share... Not just first impressions (but I will say, first impressions did not disappoint!!).

Ventura":2gqloyqa said:
Testing commenced. They're different animals - but I need to spend more time with the Slax.
The comparo will come down the pipe when I've got real data to share... Not just first impressions (but I will say, first impressions did not disappoint!!).

Well... it's a good thing they are DIFFERENT, otherwise... what would be the point of owning both of them.

Big question is: which one do you like BETTER!

:confused:

Calm down old man metal.

Congrats Ventura on a killer amp!

Buying and selling gear is just some of the fun shit that this site is all about.
Dude...you didn't lurk here a bit before joining...WTF?

Grats man, glad it came in all safe and sound! Love mine. Sounds good with gain up or down or whatever. I finally managed to break away from channel 3 to mess with channel 1... of course I cranked the gain and was playing all the AC/DC riffs I know lol.

errrrrl":1umjay17 said:
Grats man, glad it came in all safe and sound! Love mine. Sounds good with gain up or down or whatever. I finally managed to break away from channel 3 to mess with channel 1... of course I cranked the gain and was playing all the AC/DC riffs I know lol.

The feel and tone of channel 1 is seriously great. Maybe my favorite.

RedPlated":qdqgdlcs said:
errrrrl":qdqgdlcs said:

The feel and tone of channel 1 is seriously great. Maybe my favorite.
Completely agree. Won't go as far as saying it's my FAVE channel, but it holds tremendous warmth, clarity, musicality, punch, grind and rawness, all the while staying super sweet and not at all clipped and undefined. It's a brill channel... Love it.

See post on main thread for some other reviews I managed this eve, knackered though, sacking it. Lots of playing this weekend coming up...should have a band back together soon too - which will be absolutely fkn great :D

G'nite Gentry, and to all who offered congratz, thank you - and to my tried and trusted ol' pal and confidante oldmtlhed, we're cut from the same cloth Holmes, don't you worry - you'll get the juicy details as to what I really think about BOTH these amps - like a "sister-to-sister" love and lust comparo :LOL: :LOL:

Ventura":2f5g4t6v said:
and to my tried and trusted ol' pal and confidante oldmtlhed, we're cut from the same cloth Holmes, don't you worry - you'll get the juicy details as to what I really think about BOTH these amps - like a "sister-to-sister" love and lust comparo

I look forward to it.
All these boutique amps are out of my league... but I can live vicariously through you.
It's all good. I appreciate your good sense of humor. You don't get butt-hurt when I tease you.
:cheers:
( Maybe you can toss-up a couple of pics and a sound-clip or two. That would be great. )

oldmtlhed":flvkqpkc said:
Ventura":flvkqpkc said:
and to my tried and trusted ol' pal and confidante oldmtlhed, we're cut from the same cloth Holmes, don't you worry - you'll get the juicy details as to what I really think about BOTH these amps - like a "sister-to-sister" love and lust comparo

I look forward to it.
All these boutique amps are out of my league... but I can live vicariously through you.
It's all good. I appreciate your good sense of humor. You don't get butt-hurt when I tease you.
:cheers:
( Maybe you can toss-up a couple of pics and a sound-clip or two. That would be great. )

BrentSP":flvkqpkc said:
I'd love to try out a JJ and BS. Never had the chance.

Uploading pics here is a joke, "BOARD QUOTA REACHED" so I'll use a third party image host for pics.
Also touched on my main post/main page, I'll get my soundcloud account up and running too.
Kinda all over the map right now as we're packing up our summer house and moving to our winter abode in a week or so; so "moving house" ain't ever fun....furniture, trucks, packing, boxes, boxes, fucking boxes, more fucking boxes, can't find my razor, it's in a box, where's my coffee mug, somewhere in a box, etc. etc. etc. All my gear is packed up - I unpacked my UberKab and JJ and the Slax just arrived yesterday, so these 2 heads and a cab will remain unboxed till we actually move in a week or so...or two. Hard to say, but this is where I'm at.

oldmtlhed":1vunjs08 said:
You don't get butt-hurt when I tease you.
Gawd no, I'm up for the abuse more so than anyone on this board - I don't take anything on the interwebz seriously, but I will say I've fostered some amazing friendships with other musos here at RT and on (the much loathed and hated) FB platform. No butthurt, no sand in my vag, I'm not like that... I'm just here - having fun - and I dig cool people and I dig people who stand behind [defensible] opinions.

We're good Bro.... We're really good :thumbsup: :cheers: :cheers2: :rock:

errrrrl":1amux5bv said:
Channel 1 is so damn awesome! I would buy a single channel amp of it in a NY minute!

Ventura":5c9hcct4 said:
Uploading pics here is a joke, "BOARD QUOTA REACHED" so I'll use a third party image host for pics.

Well yeah. You have to "link" the pics.
I had to make an IMGUR account, just so I could link pics here.

And there is always YouTube. You can make some short videos, upload them to YT, and link them here.

I have some dumb noob questions.... but I know you can point me in the right direction.
First, what is DAW? Is that short for "digital audio workspace" or something like that?

AND.... more importantly.... ( storytime )
I tried making my own home-studio thing, so I could record short song segments.
But I never could put it together to make it work. ( This was years ago )
I had a midi-keyboard hooked to a rack synth, and a small Behringer 4-channel mixer that went to my PC.
I had an old Johnson J-Station to record guitar direct to the computer. Sounded like shit, but it worked.
My problem was THIS: I couldn't find a way to do DRUM TRACKS.
So that kept me from being able to record anything. I couldn't make my own drum tracks from scratch.
I didn't know how, and I didn't even know what I needed to do it!

SO... here we are.... years later.... with new technology.
Can anyone tell me exactly how to make DRUM TRACKS from scratch? Is there a FREE or "cheap" program
available? I think if I had the ability to make drum tracks, It would be a game-changer for me.

But I don't know where to start. Or what I need. Or how to do it. :confused:
Any ideas?

oldmtlhed":qrke8h8h said:
Ventura":qrke8h8h said:

And there is always YouTube. You can make some short videos, upload them to YT, and link them here.

I have some dumb noob questions.... but I know you can point me in the right direction.
First, what is DAW? Is that short for "digital audio workspace" or something like that?

I had a midi-keyboard hooked to a rack synth, and a small Behringer 4-channel mixer that went to my PC.
I had an old Johnson J-Station to record guitar direct to the computer. Sounded like shit, but it worked.
So that kept me from being able to record anything. I couldn't make my own drum tracks from scratch.

Can anyone tell me exactly how to make DRUM TRACKS from scratch? Is there a FREE or "cheap" program
available? I think if I had the ability to make drum tracks, It would be a game-changer for me.

Any ideas?
Check PM within next couple hours :thumbsup:

oldmtlhed":3f0tyu8c said:
Ventura":3f0tyu8c said:

Any ideas?
Dude I have a whole video series on my YouTube channel about making midi drum tracks from scratch. 5 vids for guys who have never done it before. I am a totally self taught guy so as I learn new stuff I post vids. I too am available.

I'll also be PM'ing you Ventura as I have some questions about my home studio.

Back