Ss100

I have the itch for a new amp, I'm really like this one. Is it as good as the clips I've heard? Does it have the Marshall mid thing going on? I'm thinking I may have to pull the trigger on this on or the be100. Can it do modern metal or is it to sponge? I think it would be great for a dokken / Green Day kinda tones. I also wondered if it's only two el34s , some of the pics I've seen look like that's it? Thanks Terry

The SS100 is an excellent amp!!
Great cleans, sweet gain, and nice boost too.
This one is based on Steve’s old plexi and sounds really good.

That said, the BE100 is also FABULOUS!! Basically it has more options.
Voicings, Gain stages (structure switch), a few different switches on the back for a variety of tonal shifts.

Both are serious monster amps. I couldn’t decide and have both :LOL: :LOL:
I’ll be honest, the BE100 gets more play time, yet it’s mostly because the BE100 is hooked into the computer interface and I also have it hooked up to my Two Notes Live, for silent recording/various cab choices.
Still I LOVE them both.

Best of luck, you can’t go wrong with any of Dave’s amps.

Also the SS100 is a 100w amp, 4 EL34's in there. Probably best to order a BE with SS clean channel. SS just wont get into that metal territory...

I have both the BE 100 and the SS 100, I feel that the ss100 needs to be at a certain volume to get all of the great dynamics, (3 or higher) which is great. Both are great but the BE100 is better at bedroom volumes.

SS clean is NOT standard on the BE100...the BE has a different flavor.
To get the SS clean on a BE, you would have to ask Dave to do it.

Sickriverlespaul":3esvl37k said:
Would the be 100s at sweet water right now have the three way gain switch? Is that a standard feature in the current models?

Most likely...as they are either selling new or demos < month old.

Back