BE 50

After a couple of weeks with this amp I feel it was my best purchase of an amp. Solid Marshall guy all the way but this amp has a very smooth distortion that is magic to my ears. The clean channel continues to impress me very much and even my band mates have said so. I rolled pre amp tubes and settled on a tong sol ax7 in v1, preferred series 7025 in v2/3 and a Jan ge 5751 in v4. This combo seems to really make this amp feel alive to my ears. The gain response with the tubes is very impressive compared to the marshalls I’ve owned and it really does pick up where they have left off. Of course a tuned in plexi is hard to beat but this one has many more options on command .This amp makes playing very easy but it does make it hard to hide if your playing isn’t right on. I’m very impressed with this amp and a happy camper! I would like to try a Friedman cab in the future.

Awesome, congrats on owning a great amp! You really will love the Friedman cab too, they are great.

Just curious about the 5751 in v4, did you not lose some high end content? I've only used 5751's in amps when I was trying to tame some brightness, and/or gain.

I like the 5751 to reduce gain, to my ears I love how the feedback comes through in perfect pitch to the note. I play LP, and use wiz paf pups. They tend to be fairly bright with a .001 cap. I also run a ts808 in front and a ge7 in the loop with a delay and chorus, any top end lost seems to balance out. I found it give me more room to set gain or push it a little bit more. This of course is my opinion on it and it working for me very nice. It does surprise me that v4 did it but it did.

One thing I really like is how the amp is balanced, I can push one way or the other and have wiggle room without the tone going bright or flat. My marshalls are excellent amps but always seemed like an extremely thin line between sharp and dull. This amp has a wider path and the note seem true to the guitar much more.

It has a very nice top end and really work with the picking. I use 12h30(55hz) and v30s in Marshall B cabs. I also sealed them and did a bunch of upgrades. It’s tight, not bright but has a nice top end which makes me very happy. My marshalls took a lot of modsor bandaids to achieve what this amp gives me. I am very happy with it.

Rad!

I must say, the 1960 a/b cabs are hard to beat. I've been through most of the high end/boutique cabs (selling/trading off my 1960 cabs, which i regret). The marshals just have nice balance.

Yeah my Splawn Quick Rod and matching 2x12's will be shipping off soon which is funding either one of these OR a BE-100. Most likely the BE-50 though. Definitely want a matching cab as well.

JerEvil":3pr6b1tq said:
Yeah my Splawn Quick Rod and matching 2x12's will be shipping off soon which is funding either one of these OR a BE-100. Most likely the BE-50 though. Definitely want a matching cab as well.
The BE50 is haunting you :LOL: :LOL:

I’m normally a big tube roller and have tons of great NOS tubes but this amp sounds perfect the way it is so I’m not changing a thing until I have to.

I have to agree, after a couple of weeks I have returned to the stock tubes and really have a love for this amp, it. Really is something else. I find I can’t stop playing it and how it sounds with the band is really what I’ve always wanted from an amp.

Back