BE50 Tube Layout

v1 preamp 12ax7 (Clean, and HBE)
v2 preamp 12ax7 (First, and second stage of BE)
v3 preamp 12ax7 (Cathode Flollower)
v4 preamp 12ax7 (Phase Inverter)
v5 power el34
v6 power el34

CrazyNutz":11nses7t said:
v1 preamp 12ax7 (Clean, and HBE)
v2 preamp 12ax7 (First, and second stage of BE)
v3 preamp 12ax7 (Cathode Flollower)
v4 preamp 12ax7 (Phase Inverter)
v5 power el34
v6 power el34

Thanks very much :)

LP Freak":1qrqq72l said:
You plan to do some tube rolling?

The amp sounds really, really great. I was putting down a track yesterday using BE with the gain at about 12 and it was blowing my mind!, but I am going to try out some Preamp Tubes over the coming weeks. Have to admit I don't quite know what to do with V1 when I decide to experiment - if it handles HBE and clean - should I go for a High gain tube or something medium gain? I was thinking of a TAD 7025 WA.

D

Delron24":1a0qlmj1 said:
LP Freak":1a0qlmj1 said:
You plan to do some tube rolling?

The amp sounds really, really great. I was putting down a track yesterday using BE with the gain at about 12 and it was blowing my mind!, but I am going to try out some Preamp Tubes over the coming weeks. Have to admit I don't quite know what to do with V1 when I decide to experiment - if it handles HBE and clean - should I go for a High gain tube or something medium gain? I was thinking of a TAD 7025 WA.

D

I would not put a high gain in v1, HBE has plenty gain, and it will just add noise. A high gain in v2 might be interesting. At any rate you'll want v1, and v2 to be as low noise as possible.

Back