SB BE50 BE100 which one??

motorboy1

SO i may finally take the plunge and pick up a Friedman. Just not sure of which one. I have tried the BE100 and SB a couple years ago and really liked them. Unfortunatley GC doesn't stock them anymore locally. I just play at home, classic rock stuff, nothing heavier than 80s metal. Want the head version no combo. SO?

I would get the be 100 if you were looking for a head. If you want a combo the sb with the sat switch is the way to go. The sb has a more versatile clean channel.

mniel8195":22e48p7k said:
I would get the be 100 if you were looking for a head. If you want a combo the sb with the sat switch is the way to go. The sb has a more versatile clean channel.

Cool thanks.

BE-50 is the "NEW" model so that's exciting but the BE-100 has stood the test of time... The master volume works so well that playing at home isn't a problem. It's not a "bedroom" amp, but very manageable.

You can't go wrong, I'm sure you'll be thrilled with any of them! :D

The DLX does everything the 100 does but more. They are not worlds apart in tone.......its a question of how much control do you want of that tone? 3 real channels with a controllable power section. I have the BE100 and love it. Wouldn't get rid of it for a DLX but if I was going to buy my first Friedman, the DLX would be it.

After having the BE-50D next to my BE-100 side by side, there are some nice things about the BE-50, the "Response Control" has some nice flexible tones and the weight is a little lighter, I still Prefer my BE-100 over the 50D, I think after Dave modified my BE-100 it just sounds absolutely amazing (particularly in the recording studios) whereas the BE-50 is a bit more flexible but the overall reminds me of my BE-100 "Before" the Mods! Excellent Creativity on Dave's part, still "One of the Best" English inspired amps......

RedPlated":3qkfzl00 said:
Modded BE-100 for sure.
MantraSky":3qkfzl00 said:
BE-100 "Modified" (articulate, soulful, finesse, aggressive & raw) beautiful tones.
Are you guys talking about an older BE100 that's been updated with the Synergy caps, S switch and presence circuit tweak etc, or something else?

edited for spelling :doh:

My BE-100 was modified to my own specifications (2015 model) and yes the Synergy Caps, Negative Feedback, Struture Switch, Conversion from Clean Channel BE100 to SS100 and “Many More!”
:)

BE-50 can sound identical to the BE-100 if set right. Done it with amp switchers, BE-50 has a improved HBE ( bigger and more open) and the clean is the Buxom Betty which is just great.

Yes after having a friends BE-50 Deluxe next to my BE-100, the BE-50 is a very decent amp! (I wouldn’t sell the BE-100 to finance it though, because of the uniqueness).

RACKSYSTEMS":291vhafo said:
BE-50 can sound identical to the BE-100 if set right. Done it with amp switchers, BE-50 has a improved HBE ( bigger and more open) and the clean is the Buxom Betty which is just great.
Dave, can you give ballpark settings to get the BE-50 close the current BE-100 (mainly the thump/response/voice settings)? I've never played a BE-100 and would like to see how it sounds.

fusedbrain":2bzo4dmn said:
RedPlated":2bzo4dmn said:
Modded BE-100 for sure.
MantraSky":2bzo4dmn said:
BE-100 "Modified" (articulate, soulful, finesse, aggressive & raw) beautiful tones.
Are you guys talking about an older BE100 that's been updated with the Synergy caps, S switch and presence circuit tweak etc, or something else?

edited for spelling :doh:

2015 updated to 2016 spec, s switch, Synergy caps, high/ low voltage switch, 50/100w switch, Response and depth controls, SS100 clean, Butterslax head shell.

I also have a stock 2012 two-input that is the best out of the box BE100 I’ve ever heard.

Ox43MLOl.jpg

motorboy1":2prgqptf said:
SO i may finally take the plunge and pick up a Friedman. Just not sure of which one. I have tried the BE100 and SB a couple years ago and really liked them. Unfortunatley GC doesn't stock them anymore locally. I just play at home, classic rock stuff, nothing heavier than 80s metal. Want the head version no combo. SO?
For the type of music you play I believe the Smallbox is the best of all Friedmans. Tried them all except for the BE-50 and ended up buying the Smallbox and I don't regret it. No other amp do Classic Rock and AC/DC as the Smallbox's Channel 1. This channel alone is worth getting the amp. If you want tons of attitude and gain and still retain the sound of the amp, just add the Buxom Boost to channel 2. Killer combo!!!

Back