Atma

Thanks for the update roccster, and hope that does the trick!!
Also, I definitely agree that I need a 2 channel amp to gig with. The Atma being a 3 channel amp is a useful bonus to me.
But yeah, I totally understand people's frustration regarding lack of availability too!

roccster,
Is your Atma healthy again now? I sure hope so!
I finally had a chance to play the Atma with my band today, and they were very impressed with my clean and high gain sounds!! :)
Cheers!

Yes, separate channels would be the ideal. I'm not against pedals, I just found myself buying a couple of Strymon pedals that were worth more than my amp! Which felt a bit backwards.

Anyway I ended up throwing my toys out of the pram, Thomann had simply stopped answering emails, so just told them to cancel the order (actually not replied to my cancellation request :confused: )

The only dealer in the UK is GuitarGuitar.co.uk and they were only just about able to confirm that they expected some in before Christmas.....so have decided to order the Badger.

I hope I don't regret missing out on the Atma, but can always revisit in a few years!

Hope you lucky few continue to enjoy..

dgaemc2":pxdsq0mn said:
roccster,
Is your Atma healthy again now? I sure hope so!
I finally had a chance to play the Atma with my band today, and they were very impressed with my clean and high gain sounds!! :)
Cheers!

Hello m8!
Well who can blame your band m8s? :)
Still no issues with the hum, but haven´t rehearsed yet, so still just playing at 1w. Was hoping for a rehearsal tomorrow, but now that seems to be canceled (damn). But the hum issue was fairly frequent on the 1w before the fix so Im still crossing my fingers that this fix with the output did the trick. Still need a couple of hours of crankit it though before I can feel safe again ;)
Going to catch up with the other band on thursday next week, and then we will see.

As mentioned earlier I built a Silver Pony Klon clone, my main reason was for a clean boost on the clean channel after the Simble OD (which is an awsome pedal by the way). Didn´t really like the Klon after the Simble, but I have tried it infront of the OD-channels and wow! Gives you a really great treble/mid boost that is really fun to play with, especially when soloing :)

Will post my experience after thursday.
/ Cheers

Ammo-Diz, good luck with the Badger! I hope it works out great for you!

roccster, it is good to hear that your hum issue is gone! I hope that all is well with your Atma!
Btw....it sounds like you are very pleased with your OD pedals, but I just received a TC Electronics Spark Booster and really like it!
It is highly versatile offering "fat boost, clean boost and mid boost modes" with drive, volume and independent bass and treble knobs.

So far, I am mainly using it in "clean boost mode" with my Atma because I already have all the high gain goodness I need in the 80's mode!
However, the "fat boost mode" is really great for fattening up and boosting single coil pickups, and the "mid boost" is excellent for adding a more conventional OD boost.
The clean boost mode of the Spark is awesome for my needs with the Atma (i.e. better than my OCD set to LP and drive set low)!

Cheers!

Sounds like an awsome pedal as well. Sadly our drummer has come down with stomack flue so no rehearsal today, so no testing at 18w yet, but still no hum at home :)

I have begun to dive in to the DIY stomp boxes and is currently pulling the little hair I have left on my head trying to figure out different capacitors and shit. It´s fun, but complicated. Felt it was tiome to actually learn how these amps and pedals actually work. Puh!

Rock on m8!

Ammo-Diz":15oxoqgg said:
Yes, separate channels would be the ideal. I'm not against pedals, I just found myself buying a couple of Strymon pedals that were worth more than my amp! Which felt a bit backwards.

Anyway I ended up throwing my toys out of the pram, Thomann had simply stopped answering emails, so just told them to cancel the order (actually not replied to my cancellation request :confused: )

The only dealer in the UK is GuitarGuitar.co.uk and they were only just about able to confirm that they expected some in before Christmas.....so have decided to order the Badger.

I hope I don't regret missing out on the Atma, but can always revisit in a few years!

Hope you lucky few continue to enjoy..

I waited 5 months for my Atma...it is worth the wait !!

The alternative I think if I can't get the Atma, is check out the newly release Mesa Boogie Mark V: 25. It is a Mark V in a 10/25 watt mode, EL84 like the Atma. Except it doesn't do the 1w or 5w mode. 2 channels with reverb. It's $1300 so less than the Atma in the states.

Ok, so it´s been a couple of weeks since the fix and everything is just dandy.
The Atma is rocking on and it sounds just a sweet as it always have done. No strange ground issues anymore and the modern/vintage mode is working like a charm.

Have been playing alot the last couple of days, both with the classic rock band and the blues band, and I find my self just loving this amp more for every time I play it. Last session with the rock band we mic it up (all instruments and vocals connected to a Presonus StudioLive rig) and boy that sounded so great. Next time I will try and record some of it, but if you havent rehearsed with that kind of gear you have been missing out. You can set all channels idividually for each headphones, making everything sound just as you want it. And you hear everything, all your mistakes as well :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

I had my eyes on a Fuchs ODS 30 the other day, basicly to have as a backup, but everytime I play on the Atma I realize that If I need a backup it´s going to be a second Atma :D.
I found my self using the Simble OD as a boost for ch 2 and 3, giving both channels an extra push and to smooth things out when soloing.

On ch1 I always have the Simble OD on and just controll the volume and overdrive with the volume. Works perfectly.

Rock on folks!

/ Richard

Fantastic roccster!
I am glad your Atma is healthy again and it sounds like going through the Presonus rig was a lot of fun with your band!!
Cheers!!

dgaemc2":2w44hb02 said:
Fantastic roccster!
I am glad your Atma is healthy again and it sounds like going through the Presonus rig was a lot of fun with your band!!
Cheers!!

Yea it´s always nice when things get sorted out.
Since we finally got hold of our own rehearsal studio I have been looking in to the whole 1x12 cab seeking again. Yesterday I got to play the Atma through a "cheap" VHT Special 6 112 1x12 cab. Stock speaker swapped with an Eminence Cannabis Rex. Man what a great speaker cab that was! Since I have Cannabis (speaker not weed ;) ) lying around I ordered one as soon as I came home. This is a great little cab, for half the price of the Suhr, including speaker swap (and sounded far better imo).

Give it a try if you need another 1x12 :)

Cheers!

That's terrific news roccster!
I hope your new 112 cab and alternate speaker choice works great for you!! It is good that you had a chance to play through one prior to purchasing.....that is always ideal.
Personally, I am very pleased with the sound of my Atma amp through my Avatar 112 cab (open back configuration) with Celestion 25w greenback speaker.
BTW.....I am spending most of my time in 5w mode while playing at home because I feel it really has a certain mojo all its own. My "go to mode" is still 80's and Modern, but I also like the Vintage setting at 5w for an alternate sound. I do have to reduce the volume knobs in this setting to achieve a similar overall volume since "vintage" is louder than "modern" on this amp.
You might want to experiment with the 5w setting while playing at home or in the studio (if you haven't already)!
Rock On!! :rock:

Greetings fellow Atmaers :)

Just got back from the first gig with the bluesband. Played a fairly small venue (no miking). Played through a Vox 212 cab (don't know what speakers), and the amp was just awsome. The sound was so great that several guys came up to me after the gig and complimented me on it. :D
Accidently played it with the Vintage mode though :D but the volume knob never went pass 11 o'clock.

Can´t wait until the next gig... Cheers Reinhold for a great job!!

+1
Roccster, it is great to hear that you continue to LOVE your Atma through different cabs, etc.!
I am truly enjoying my Atma experiences as well and definitely agree that Bogner did a Great Job with this amp design!! :rock:
Cheers!

I was thinking of taking the line out into a 44 Magnum pedal and running my effects on a separate cab. Thoughts?

Hmm... Sounds interesting, so you run the other signal from the Atma as dry.
I have the earlier version of the Atma so sadly no line-out on mine.

Looking forward to hearing how that experiment works out :)

Haven't tried the 44 Magnum from the line out into a separate cab yet but the ATMA sounds fantastic. I'm really enjoying the 60's/Vintage thing and using a Wampler Pinnacle in front if I want more gain.

70's mode sounds great, too...but I LOVE the sound of the 60s with the gain dimed.

Sweet demo!

I must say that the 60s mode have been verry neglected on my Atma, basicly just been playing in 80s mode, but I have to try it in 60s with a boost. Cranked I feel the 60s mode gets you in Jimi Hendrix territory right away, and I understand why you get stuck there, especially with the strat :)
For a christmas present to my self I bought a SM57, so I have been messing around a bit with recording. Hope to get something to show soon.

If there is one thing I think the Atma lacks it is a bit of that Overdriven Plexi/Brown sound that I some times would have liked to have. Maybe I just havent tried everything yet :) But having that said, it sounds so good with it´s own tone that Im still verry happy with my tone, after almost a year of playing :D

Back