Twin Jet Crossroads

Robby G

So I am actually working on a trio again!! We are doing heavy rock to metal originals and yup what to do with the lack of a clean with the Twin Jet. I am killing it with EMG's through the Uber channel and do use the semi clean, but finding I may need a real clean!!

Do I live with it and make the best of semi clean or jump to the 101b! I just have bonded so well with the Uber, not sure if I can make it happen with 101b..... Just scratching head and venting a bit guys....

You might be better off with a 20th shiva than a 101b. The shiva is a bit nastier with a better clean channel imo.

maybe the HBE Detox Pedal will clean it up, Paul Gilbert uses it with his single channel amps to get a clean...cheaper than buying a whole new rig

Interesting Ubershallel34 never heard of them,,, I am going to bust out my 101b and try a couple of different cabs and see if she will be heavy enough to satisfy the love for the twin jet.

Well I have to say that my 101b is getting it done! I have an overdrive if I need it a little over the top and it is sounding pretty huge through my oversize recto cab! Having the clean and added versatility is actually going to work well for gigs!! Bogners rule!

Twin Jet is a monster amp. Bitch to dial in until you get to know its nuances, but once you've got 'er dialled, she's a beast.

AND versatile, might I add.

Peace,
Mojo

Adleneknot":1rb8qwrr said:
I had them all.
Uberschall green or the Rev2!!!! the Ultimate amp brotha!!!!
Cheerz Mo!!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

But to the OP...?? I'm saying, bang for the buck, the TJ is a killer amp and probably one of the loudest of the bunch save for the ol' school jumper style Marshalls. Thing's a nuke. Just sayin'.

Twin Jet was the only Uber that really blew me away. More of a player's amp IMO. Less compression and more dynamics.

Folks, I have no idea how you guy hear but I had a TJ, my friend and I put it side by side with the Rev2 lol I wanted to trash the TJ right away. Very hard to get a good tone out of it. It has an odd EQ also...I prefer the Rev blue way better.

Ventura":p8ade4jn said:
Twin Jet is a monster amp. Bitch to dial in until you get to know its nuances, but once you've got 'er dialled, she's a beast.

AND versatile, might I add.

Peace,
Mojo

hence Mo's response - the EQ on the TJ is weird to get used to - maybe cliche, but you have to dial this amp in using your ears not your eyes. the TJ has massive amounts of brutal low end

Dont Agree that the TJ has a massive low end. try the Rev2 with JJ KT77 you will understand the real massiveness lol

Adleneknot":3mig2gzd said:
Dont Agree that the TJ has a massive low end. try the Rev2 with JJ KT77 you will understand the real massiveness lol

Comments like these make me shake my head. The TJ has enough low end available to make a bass player happy and it stays tighter at volume than any Uber before it. Aren't we guitar players after all? "Massive low end" typically sounds like shit in the mix unless you're jamming by yourself or don't have a bass player.

I'd love to, but Reinhold doesn't make the Rev. 2 anymore...I'm sure it's a nice amp, but I guess it's not worth his while to produce them anymore. :dunno: Ultimately, I prefer a more open sounding amp with less compression, so I don't think it'd be my thing.

Dude, I have owned them all and many other amps. for me the Uber rev green and Rev2 is the meanest brutal massive amp ever PERIOD.

Adleneknot":n3xodrer said:
Dude, I have owned them all and many other amps. for me the Uber rev green and Rev2 is the meanest brutal massive amp ever PERIOD.

Hey, whatever blows your skirt up when you're playing a heavy riff as if to say you've got the biggest dick in the room. ;)

se7en":moqftfep said:
Adleneknot":moqftfep said:

Hey, whatever blows your skirt up when you're playing a heavy riff as if to say you've got the biggest dick in the room. ;)

Don't waste your time responding to his posts. He has no idea what he's talking about. He starts and responds to threads just to let everyone know he has the most evil ubers ever made that bogner handwired himself.
He's an over enthusiastic fanboy that believes all the shit he's read on the forums and built his rig around it.

Back