Helios 100 Clip

Thanks for sharing the demo! I must say you have an extraordinary fine collection of desirable amps. Which one of them do you like best and why?

Everyonesdarling":yym2v5p1 said:
Thanks for sharing the demo! I must say you have an extraordinary fine collection of desirable amps. Which one of them do you like best and why?

Just the Helios now. I really like it. Honestly, I really like all the Bogner stuff. Each has a strength. The 20th Shiva with KT88s is my favorite for a modern sound (more full/extended EQ) that sounds perfect with a V30. The 101b is the most versatile - probably the perfect coverband/studio musician go-to. The 20th XTC with 6L6 has the best cleans of any amp I've ever played. Amazing. The Helios is what EVH should be playing, but isn't.

Rdodson":3igzyvyv said:
Everyonesdarling":3igzyvyv said:

Just the Helios now. I really like it. Honestly, I really like all the Bogner stuff. Each has a strength. The 20th Shiva with KT88s is my favorite for a modern sound (more full/extended EQ) that sounds perfect with a V30. The 101b is the most versatile - probably the perfect coverband/studio musician go-to. The 20th XTC with 6L6 has the best cleans of any amp I've ever played. Amazing. The Helios is what EVH should be playing, but isn't.
'

Thanks again for sharing your nice clips and thoughts! And again congrats on these fantastic amps!

That was fun. Nice playing and I'm even more excited to get ahold of that Helios now!!! Thank you and feel free to do as many of these clips as you'd like! :)

I saw this on Ebay and thought it was great . . . There's not a whole bunch of Bogner "swag" out there but this seemed ridiculous in a cool way.

Attachments

• Bogner Helios iPhone cover.jpg
    Bogner Helios iPhone cover.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,729
Ron!! Beauty clip, nice playing and feel too man, well done!! :yes: :thumbsup: :clap:

This is the amp I'm aiming to add to my collection once I get back to Canada... If we get back to Canada LOL.

Sounds deelish!!!
Thanks for this!!
Mojo

Ron, sounds great. I still have the metropoulos 12,000 I got from you. Doing a side by side, I can get the Helios sounding very close to the metro. My question is about the loop on the Helios. I am not a loop guy, but I tried my el capistan and carbon copy in the loop and I was getting a lot of noise from the loop. I contacted Steve Snider on TGP and he said his is quiet. How about yours?

Here is a quick and dirty clip when I got mine back in May.

Mine is dead quiet. Might have a bad tube or something. Glad you like the 12000. Best one I've ever heard. That thing IS Van Halen's first record.

The EVH guitar I built/painted/assembled back in 89. Ash body (exact copy of a 54 strat), Gibson 57 classic + pickup, old Floyd Rose with a big brass block, and a relatively new (8 yrs old) Musikraft neck. The replicas being done now are amazing but it is pretty good considering it was pre-World wide web. For rock, it is my best-sounding guitar. Fat and spanky, great sustain & resonance.

Here's a clip of that guitar through my old 101b red channel https://youtu.be/o3AP9KJ6OHA

Back