ATMA

Rdodson

If you haven't been interested in the Atma for whatever reason, it is worth a look. I've had mine for almost 2 years now and it is really great. I've put TAD EL84s and NOS EI 12ax7s in it. I'm running it through a Bogner Shiva-sized 1x12 (ported) with a Scumback H75 large dustcap model. While the reverb and delay could be backed off in this clip (I'm an EJ fan), the note separation and richness of the tone shine through. Burst bucker 3 in the bridge of this strat (SD Antiquities in the other 2 positions:)

I'm considering the Atma for my low wattage amp. I have a Suhr Badger 30 at the moment. I like its tone but it's hard to make an adjustment on the fly, especially during a gig. My question is, can the Atma, at 18 watts, keep up with a loud drummer?

I think the answer is yes IF used with an efficient speaker. A V30/CL80 type would do just fine. A Greenback probably not.

My solution has been if I want really loud I bring an extra 1x12 and use a 44 Magnum pedal with that (run out of the aux or split out of the effects loop send with my El Cap).

LOVE THE ATMA!
I just picked up the combo version and it's phenomenal! I may never carry a big amp again. I was afraid that it wouldn't cut through in the band... Those fears were laid to rest. It sounded great and it was heard quite easily. I had the volume around 10:30 and it was perfect.

I also just got a Bogner Harlow pedal that came with the purchase. I've only tried it at home, but man... it really turns into a real fire breather. Can't wait to try it with the band!

Great amp for sure!

Recently traded a Kemper for a Bogner Atma (and G-System, plus cash) and took it to the stage this past weekend running into a stock Marshall JCM900 1960A on an outdoor stage with a good soundman, including stage monitors. Ran clean channel the entire night with an MXR EVH 5150 OD or Bogner Ecstasy Red pedal and it ruled. Soundman had a Sennheiser e609 on one speaker and guitar channel straight up.

I trialed through a few amps into the Marshall cab or two Splawn 1x12's during the previous weekend's rehearsal (no soundman) with the Atma easily winning. Absolutely no problem hanging with our very loud drummer and his loud custom Splaun kit, bass player and four vocals. We play loud hard rock.

Pretty darn happy with this amp. I have the aluminum head (which seems to function as a heat sink - it gets pretty warm) and only wish the handle didn't stick up off the top in such a rigid fashion.

Really like what I hear from this amp! Kind of interested in the combo version of it.....

PBGas":2okvo239 said:
Really like what I hear from this amp! Kind of interested in the combo version of it.....

...while all I do anymore is dream of you avatar pic being from my jam room. Man...I really want an Ecstasy. :doh:

That said; the Atma is really a great, fun, toneful amp. You won't be a disappointed owner.

Back