Bogner 20th Anniv.... Holy shit

the TJ just isn't as enjoyable to play as the regular Uber. The latest Rev Blue's have that sag in the power section, but are still super aggressive. In the studio I could see the TJ being a useful tool/flavor...but it probably wouldn't pair well with ass. :LOL: :LOL:

I know they haven't been in retailers for a while or at least any in Dallas. I've had to take the plunge myself. Worth it? Sure

I mean the 20th shiva and uber. Sorry. That's what this whole thread is about in case you missed it. Never even played a regular shiva, so can't even comment on it.

LunatiBSW":2qsr1m54 said:
I mean the 20th shiva and uber. Sorry. That's what this whole thread is about in case you missed it. Never even played a regular shiva, so can't even comment on it.
I've not played the BS, and I have to admit at the time of release, most of the YT clips sounded like shit. But Reza's opinion came in pretty strong on the notion this amp is a keeper in the brootz department (the BS) - just haven't had a chance to try one yet. My Friedman acquisition is still hovering over the JJ.

But I have had a LOT of experience with Bogners. And FWIW, the regular Sheevs is a premium amp, no question about it, but the 20th version loaded with a pair of 88s is massive. One of the few amps I've had with 88s that doesn't get all glassy and glaring when cranked - sounds more like a warm EL34 loaded amp with massive headroom. But where the Shiva makes me giggle is that it's probably one of the most "heavy" amps out there - even though it's touted as "great crystal cleans and smooth gain" and such. Thing blows fucking windows out - it's got brootz on tap!! Great great amp for everything, and it's simple to use - not too many dials, knobs, and switches. Great amp.

I've run the gamut on Ubers too. All of them. I've kept a Rev.2/Green and a Purple modded TJ to this day - the Purple TJ is by far one of the most delicious insane nuclear massive amps I've played. I screwed with a mess of different preamp tubes and power tubes to get it where I wanted it to go. And now it's like a sonic chainsaw. And really REALLY sounds lush and rich. I love it. It's got teeth.

Rev.2 is a great amp - and I'm still tone testing it with strategic placement of a 5751 bottle in the tonestack to reign in the gain. May sound counter-intuitive, but too much gain is a pain when recording - the track gets bee hived and lost. I love mids and clarity - even in the high gain department, so I've continued to experiment with my Rev.2 But it's a great amp - definitely has its own tone that nothing else compares to. But if I had to pick a rig for playing all sorts of shit on, out of the two I'd opt for my TJ. Out of all my amps, it'd likely be the 20th XTC EL34 head - but that being said, I'd miss my 20th Sheevs.

Problem is Bogner makes fucking great sounding amps. Can't say no to any of them.

Anyway - would love to try the BS one day, would REALLY love to A/B it with the JJ. But I'm not planning on flying down to LA any time soon, probably not until the end of current president's term anyway :LOL: :LOL:

Peace, Gents...

I just bought a 6L6 Bogner Shiva head, and I'm trying to make the decision to buy the open or closed 212 cab. I currently have 2 2x12 cabs, Mesa closed with V30's, and a Suhr open back. I'm leaning towards the open back because I'm playing my amps pretty clean these days, and it seems like the open back cabs have better frequency range and clarity. Am I off base?

ToneSeeker1969":2rffl25t said:
I just bought a 6L6 Bogner Shiva head, and I'm trying to make the decision to buy the open or closed 212 cab. I currently have 2 2x12 cabs, Mesa closed with V30's, and a Suhr open back. I'm leaning towards the open back because I'm playing my amps pretty clean these days, and it seems like the open back cabs have better frequency range and clarity. Am I off base?

I used the Shiva sized 2x12 open back with teh 6l6 Shiva head I have. Glorious tone. That is the one setup I truly wish I had back. very vintage and woody tone with that rig and I miss it.

GOHOINC":1l2iryfd said:
ToneSeeker1969":1l2iryfd said:

I used the Shiva sized 2x12 open back with teh 6l6 Shiva head I have. Glorious tone. That is the one setup I truly wish I had back. very vintage and woody tone with that rig and I miss it.

Great to hear your feedback! Did you have yours loaded with the Vintage 30's? You mentioned the Shiva sized cab, was it the taller one with the handles on the top and side, with casters, or the shorter one that only has the handle on the top? Thanks again!

ToneSeeker1969":qt5ebi1y said:
GOHOINC":qt5ebi1y said:
ToneSeeker1969":qt5ebi1y said:

Great to hear your feedback! Did you have yours loaded with the Vintage 30's? You mentioned the Shiva sized cab, was it the taller one with the handles on the top and side, with casters, or the shorter one that only has the handle on the top? Thanks again!

i had eminence legends in mine more of a greenback clone. Its the cab in this photo. I dont believe it had side handles. Its the open back 2x12 with a totally straight/flush front side. My os212 is considerably larger with side handles and casters.

Back