To xtc20th owners HELP!!!

470pF cap across R17 is a treble peaker before 4th dirty gain stage. That cap was occuring on some XTC schems floating around, regarded as a mistake. None of the 101B's I've seen hadn't have it, but it is possible that it was present in some early 101B units.

It's not necessarily bad thing to the tone, brightening it (both Red and Blue). Will try that in my amp :).

R234 and R236 are "modded" factory, the same is in my amp.

C2 is 2.2uF or 1.5uF?

Regards, Andy :)

Setneck":3bx8u83y said:
470pF cap across R17 is a treble peaker before 3rd Red gain stage. Not necessarily bad thing to the tone, brightening Red channel.

R234 and R236 are "modded" factory, the same is in my amp.

C2 is 2.2uF or 1.5uF?

C2 is 0.47uF
what is for?

C2 is cathode bypass cap in Structure circuit, so in 2nd dirty gain stage. In early 101B's it was small electrolytic 2.2uF cap, then it was lowered to 1.5uF and the cap was changed to tantalum.

Less uF's in cathode bypass = less gain boost and less bass (simplifying things of course)

Looks like someone has modded Your amp in a few places in case of brightening its tone. Those mods are simple and completely reversible.

Do You like the tone?

I already have 101b and Classic,and i bought new xtc 20th from the shop and now i see that this is big fraud,normal 101b inside 20th shell and faceplate :cry:

Yes,i was buying new 20th el34 anniversary from Bogner dealer,and i dont need another 101b for the price of 20th.

F*ck... You been simply robbed! I'm courius of their explanations when You'll bring them amp back.

I think You should inform Bogner HQ about that. Contact Charley.

Damn, sorry to hear about that. If you do decide to get a real 20th XTC, I'd recommend the 6L6 version. This is coming from an EL34 lover who has owned both versions.

C'mon RG955TT, have You ever seen the guts of 20th Ann? or 101B? The guy has been robbed with regular 101B with faceplate and price of 20th Ann. I have 101B and gut shots of 20th Ann. The guitarxtc's amp is 101B, no doubt about that.

here's what it should look like

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,065
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 4,049
They words: don't want to return my money,and that this amp is something special and never told me that this is 20th anniversary...bla bla bla

First time that i asked on phone if they have 20th anniversary,answer was YES!!!! and when you see 20th on outside you don't make questions if is 20th on inside. I'm i right?

Back