Bogner 20th Anniv.... Holy shit

Rdodson":l6qsa2to said:
6L6 Shiva with the 2x12 open back is incredible. I'd personally do the CL80s in that setup.

I have to note that I am running the 6L6 Shiva Clean as a pedal platform at this time. I'm running it in stereo with my Suhr Hedgehog 50 which sounds ridiculous. I believe I mentioned in an earlier comment that I'm using the Suhr head with it's matching open back 2x12, and I'm currently using the Shiva with my old Mesa Rectifier 2x12 which is closed back with Vintage 30's. I'm wondering if I were to get the Bogner 212CS with the open back panel, with the Vintage 30's how much better it would sound. Even contemplating replacing one of the V30's with a H75 Creamback. I imagine the clean sounds out of that stereo rig would be heaven for me.

ToneSeeker1969":3rrwoev5 said:
Rdodson":3rrwoev5 said:
6L6 Shiva with the 2x12 open back is incredible. I'd personally do the CL80s in that setup.

I have to note that I am running the 6L6 Shiva Clean as a pedal platform at this time. I'm running it in stereo with my Suhr Hedgehog 50 which sounds ridiculous. I believe I mentioned in an earlier comment that I'm using the Suhr head with it's matching open back 2x12, and I'm currently using the Shiva with my old Mesa Rectifier 2x12 which is closed back with Vintage 30's. I'm wondering if I were to get the Bogner 212CS with the open back panel, with the Vintage 30's how much better it would sound. Even contemplating replacing one of the V30's with a H75 Creamback. I imagine the clean sounds out of that stereo rig would be heaven for me.

I think youd find that you would lose bottom end with that cab switch and wind up with a totally vintage sounding tone from the amp. Not a bad thing at all, but if your suhr is already open back it might take you a little too far in that direction. I like balance so i open back cab and one closed back would be my choice.

Yeah, you admittedly do lose some thump but the Shiva 6L6 cleans with the open back sound so glorious! And I really like the CL80s once really broken in. Not a bad speaker at all.

Back