Bogner 20th Anniv.... Holy shit

LunatiBSW

Wow...wow.....wow
Totally blown away. This is finding a spot in my stable. This is what I was hoping for. I could
Just grab and go this amp and a cab, with no pedals.
I got one with reverb and it sounds great.
The clean channel is awesome. Chimey, full, 3D and organic. Lovely clean channel. One of the best I've played for sure.
The gain is balls.
Chewy, Grindy, that signature Bogner 3D filth. I can hear the vocal thing people have talked about but it sounds awesome, and the mids are balanced and full, and swirl around you in the room. I can make this gain nasty with the built in boost, totally diggin this amp.
I've only played it through my cube, can't wait to play it through the

Quick, non warmed up, iPhone clip
https://youtu.be/Pm85j5W9LCE

image_zpsvrun0rqe.jpeg

image_zps94qrltec.jpeg

image_zpsg9yn0s3p.jpeg

Took it to the dark side, once I knew it was a keeper:

image_zpscz9wgeha.jpeg

image_zpsplepwall.jpeg

:rawk: :rawk: :rawk: AWESOME!!!! CONGRATZ!!!!!! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

"no pedals necessary" - I LOVE reading this. My number one criteria for a make-it or break-it when it comes to test driving an amp for the first run.

Way to go m'man!!! Love my 20thSheevs to bits :rock:

Dude I wish I woulda played one of these earlier, I had no
Idea how metal they were. Can get some good rock groove going on also. The cleans are just blowing me away.

LunatiBSW":3pym5lca said:
...I had no idea how metal they were.
Yep. Hottest gain amp in the Bogner line-up save for the labelled high gain Uberschall and Twin-Jet :yes:

People don't realize - smaller head size and big knobs and all, cute little tolex package, all dainty like :LOL: :LOL: Thing rips most high-gainers a new asshole and still maintains its punch and clarity. Great, great amp. And you're right - the clean is probably the best out of the Top5 Bogner heads overall (XTC, Shiva, Uberschall, Helios, TJ).

Highly underrated. Must be because it's small or something :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats! Great amp. I loved the one I had. One awesome mod you might consider is the foot switchable mode mod. I had it on mine and it made the amp way more flexible.

LunatiBSW":1hs48on2 said:
Tell me more about this?
Does Bogner need head and FS?

I dont think Bogner does the mod in house. Mine already had the mod done when I got it. It was 1 wire from the mode switch to a jack on the rear (instead of the power amp jack).
Then I could foot switch from modern to vintage mode (low/high gain). It was like having an extra channel at my feet! Definitely shouldve been that way from the factory.

Adleneknot":2urg7tnk said:
I was thinking to get that amp long time ago.
might be my next amp.
I'd advise against it, Adlene. Spare the world the lack of supply you will create by acquiring every fucking Shiva out there and therefore jack the prices to $8,000 per head :LOL: :LOL:

Kidding Bro, Inchallah mon frere... :thumbsup: :rock:

Congrats, I have one too and it's amazing! Does any tone I want damn well and looks sexy doing it! The mod is a lot harder on the reverb models which I have so I never bothered with it.

bigangryguitar":3o5zhirv said:
Congrats, I have one too and it's amazing! Does any tone I want damn well and looks sexy doing it! The mod is a lot harder on the reverb models which I have so I never bothered with it.
Just fuck the modding - sorry for the brash approach - but seriously, I've come to realize that Reinhold "does things" the way he "does things" for a reason. These "reasons" only become apparent after for spending some time with the amp(s). This is my realization and I'm sticking to it.

Seems everyone loves unboxing an amp only to box it back up and get the GAS going again for a new and improved box to be returned :LOL: :LOL:

Unpack it, stack it, and crank it - play the shit outta it :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Mo :thumbsup:

Ventura":c745hdjd said:
bigangryguitar":c745hdjd said:
Just fuck the modding - sorry for the brash approach - but seriously, I've come to realize that Reinhold "does things" the way he "does things" for a reason. These "reasons" only become apparent after for spending some time with the amp(s). This is my realization and I'm sticking to it.

Seems everyone loves unboxing an amp only to box it back up and get the GAS going again for a new and improved box to be returned :LOL: :LOL:

Unpack it, stack it, and crank it - play the shit outta it :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I can dig it. I dont mod my amps either. I just mentioned it because my 20th came that way, and IMO it took an already amazing amp to a more versatile (for me) level. After gigging with the 20th for 3 years, I found it it to be extremely useful. Made it almost like an XTC... foot switchable vintage/modern, kinda like blue/red channel. Anyhow...rock on! :rock:

flimz":l4u05nvr said:
Ventura":l4u05nvr said:
bigangryguitar":l4u05nvr said:

I can dig it. I dont mod my amps either. I just mentioned it because my 20th came that way, and IMO it took an already amazing amp to a more versatile (for me) level. After gigging with the 20th for 3 years, I found it it to be extremely useful. Made it almost like an XTC... foot switchable vintage/modern, kinda like blue/red channel. Anyhow...rock on! :rock:
No dis to you and I completely dig :thumbsup:

Yeah I don't have any reason to mod it honestly. I usually set it and find my spot and it doesn't really move from there, just when I get "inspired" for a bit does it change.

Back