Favorite speakers for Bogner OS2x12?

jamme61

Im currently running two Hellatone 30's Made in England (avatar broken in Celestion G12H Anniversary ) like the sound but curious what others are using. Let me know thanks for any input. :)

Amps Im using XTC 101b -Marshall JMP 2204 - Fender 66 AA864 Bassman head

V30, much to my chagrin and wanting to try other speakers out there in the vast world of tonal options.... V30 won.

Yea I think I agree with both of you- I have tried a lot of speakers too- I think Im was happy with the 12H's but, I find myself missing the V30 thing- thanks for the input. :rock:

Split it with one v30 and a 12h best of both worlds IMHO. nothing new, people have been doing this for years- because it works. Amazing how my eq settings changed- less mids, a little more highs needed - very happy speakers are big - worm hole alert

One other thingy this OS2x12 is a great sounding cab - I have many Marshall- thd- pine cabs, Mesa-and this one kills them all - be aware it's big and heavy but it sounds fantastic

jamme61":1z77njq3 said:
Split it with one v30 and a 12h best of both worlds IMHO. nothing new, people have been doing this for years- because it works. Amazing how my eq settings changed- less mids, a little more highs needed - very happy speakers are big - worm hole alert

One other thingy this OS2x12 is a great sounding cab - I have many Marshall- thd- pine cabs, Mesa-and this one kills them all - be aware it's big and heavy but it sounds fantastic
Yep. Only 212 I know that can keep speed with most any other 412. Crazy good design.

Bogner now offers several 2x12 cabinets and the model numbers are now confusing. The largest, what I believe everyone is referring to in this thread is now called the 212C. That's the one with side handles that's almost a 4x12 in sound and volume.

Now they have what they call the 212OS - which is an open back Shiva style. Smaller and about 18 pounds lighter than the large box.

They also have the diagonal mount 212 Goldfinger boxes, and the low profile 212 which is kinda like 2 of the 112 cubes side by side.

I have the largest (212C) and just ordered a custom 212OS. In my 212C, I run a mix with a 1982 Celestion G12-65 and a mid 90s Hiwatt Fane re-issue. Massive sounding.

For the 212OS, I'm going with 2 Classic Lead 80s.

My 1x12 Cubes have EVM12Ls and my Bogner 4x12 straight is 2 EVM12Ls and 2 Electrovoice Alnico SROs. My 412 slant is empty at this time.

I have a V30 mixed with an M65 Cream back and it's heaven with my 20th Shiva. The stock v30s sound great too, the Cream back seems to fill out the mids nicely and give the cab some added warmth and a little more vintage vibe.

Are there 2 different size open back 2x12 Bogner cabs? I thought that they were the same size with different backs....the 212C and 212O...or does the "s" at the the end of the part number mean small? I've also seen part numbers with a "p"... guessing it stands for ported? Not sure.

ToneSeeker1969":ad2ii2yh said:
Are there 2 different size open back 2x12 Bogner cabs? I thought that they were the same size with different backs....the 212C and 212O...or does the "s" at the the end of the part number mean small? I've also seen part numbers with a "p"... guessing it stands for ported? Not sure.
Nope - the "OS" stands for Over Sized in the case of the 212s. They have a lesser popular smaller 212 too - and the open back/closed back is something that's either hardbuilt or optional with removable panels model dependent.

Cheers.

If the Bogner OS cab doesn't sound good then the V30's probably just need to be broken in. I had a few of these cabs and 1 really sounded like shit. But I played it and played it, still sounded like shit so I offed it. I probably could have swapped speakers but didn't bother.

I don't know- I've had a change of heart. I recently went back to my marshall 1936 2x12 cabinet. The marshall sounds a lot more alive to me. Less bass then the Bogner but, like it better that way. Im playing blues, classic rock, so the less bass more mids clearer highs with the marshall, sounds best for me IMHO. Using marshall 2204- bogner XTC 101b and Rivera rake reverb head - like the marshall better- its a lot lighter to gig with, cuts with the band a lot better. My Marshall is the older jcm 800 version, beat to hell- years of use abuse maybe that helps :rock: V30's in it.

bigangryguitar":2wszt8hn said:
I have a V30 mixed with an M65 Cream back and it's heaven with my 20th Shiva. The stock v30s sound great too, the Cream back seems to fill out the mids nicely and give the cab some added warmth and a little more vintage vibe.
This.

Ive run both of the newer creambacks, the 70th ann H, V30s, greenback, heritage 65. I find the best overall blend for what I play comes from an M65 and a V30.

Back